Tax/Offshore Accounts

Jetpilot

when his mother dies he'll inherit part of her fortune, estimated to be 20 Million, I'm sure he'll have his accountants looking for ways to avoid paying tax on it.

So would i if i am honest, not forgetting that money has probably been taxed already as earnings.

If you're going to sling mud regarding tax affairs like Cameron did with Jimmy Carr (whilst ignoring Gary Barlow) you should make sure you're whiter than white.

He's been exposed as benefitting from the same "immoral" behaviour so that in my book is slam-dunk hypocrisy.

• Like 1

Said person made £900 million in 15 years and I think it's disgusting really. No matter how good you are, no one is worth that amount.

Greed, that's all it is. Personal wealth should be capped at £100 million.

Some people are talented at art, some at woodwork, some at swimmimg, some at business.

You want to punish those who are good at business?

Sounds like jealousy to me..and communism.

not punish, but you can't make money out of nothing and that is what the Banks did that caused the 2006 collapse and who suffered the most? The poorest did.

Some CEO bankers were paid $565 million dollars in 12 months. Yet, all of these banks failed and the Government, aka you and I bailed them out!! They didn't lose anything. So how can you be really GOOD at a job and yet all the big banks failed and they were all PROVEN in breaking the law.

So I agree with your statement in being paid well when doing a good job, but it is the complete opposite for thousands of bankers/traders.

Yet Iceland, Finland jailed their bankers yet it wasn't reported. There economy has slowly recovered and is growing in baby steps.

I'm not jealous at all, my house over looks the sea in Devon and I work in London so my life is pretty much perfect. But having lived and worked in very close proximity to these people, I know that it's not all fair and most have shat on someone to get to where they have.

Edited by Jewell
  • Like 3

Spot on Jewell.

"Wealth creation" is a crock of shite as is the trickle down effect. Fractional reserve banking is the biggest con in modern economics.

It trickles down to people like me but it doesn't get to the masses and that's whats more important here, the general public. One of my companies, which will be on channel 4 soon which I will put up a thread about, serves wealthy people in all manners and I have no qualms in taking their money from them.

Edited by Jewell

Most people have done some kind of tax evasion or avoidance in their life and seem totally fine with it but when someone else does it suddenly its another matter altogether :)

Never have, wouldn't even know how to. They just rape me while I bend over taking it screaming "YES MORE PLEASE", because I'm far to lazy to do anything about it and would prefer to spend my time sitting on the bog shitposting on Reddit. Hmm, I should get an accountant.

• Like 2

when his mother dies he'll inherit part of her fortune, estimated to be 20 Million, I'm sure he'll have his accountants looking for ways to avoid paying tax on it.

So would i if i am honest, not forgetting that money has probably been taxed already as earnings.

How much tax do you think a director of a off-shore company would have paid on £20 million ;).

Most people have done some kind of tax evasion or avoidance in their life and seem totally fine with it but when someone else does it suddenly its another matter altogether :)

Never have, wouldn't even know how to. They just rape me while I bend over taking it screaming "YES MORE PLEASE", because I'm far to lazy to do anything about it and would prefer to spend my time sitting on the bog shitposting on Reddit. Hmm, I should get an accountant.

The whole UK tax system is setup in a manner so that the wealthy can play it which ever way they want. You just need a good enough accountant - Price Waterhouse Coppers was critised for. 'Promoting Tax evasion on an industrial scale' last year, clearly they are the best, so why go any where else :).

I haven't done the sums, but I'm sure if your anywhere near the 45% income tax threshold your be crazy NOT to employ their services. If I ever get to a six figure income I'll be phoning them up ASAP.

Edited by gangzoom

Never bought fags back for someone on holiday, always made sure you declared ALL your holiday purchases, never paid a price "for cash" or done a "cash in hand" job, never had an overseas purchase slip though the customs charge most people have at some point.

Never bought fags back for someone on holiday, always made sure you declared ALL your holiday purchases, never paid a price "for cash" or done a "cash in hand" job, never had an overseas purchase slip though the customs charge most people have at some point.

Yeah, sadly I am squeaky clean as far as being a good citizen goes :( My wallet doesn't like my principles

In all seriousness though, the current system does offer one positive in that it mixes the values of different regions, some areas stay staunch supporters of one party and this can not be a good thing?

Also some areas are more densely populated so this might weight the vote more as more people in the same region are more likely to vote the same way.

I appreciate that if you get the majority of votes then and lose then it is pretty unfair.