Snowdrift's Z.

Snowdrift

Hi, bought my Z back in November and haven't done much with it until now, so I thought it's a bout time I say hello and have somewhere to keep track of my mods etc.

This is the car when I first bought it back in November, your bog standard white 370z GT.

d02415f08a483dd4865a93c46db50f61.jpg

After saying to myself I'd wait a while before buying parts for this one, I lasted until February before feeling the need to start treating it :)

As much as I like the standard OEM Rays, I wanted to bring the wheels out of the arches (without spacers) and put my own stamp on it. So first thing was to order new wheels, after much fannying around I settled on some Work Emotion CR Ultimate Kiwami in GT silver finish. I wanted a decent concave so went with 19x9.5 +12 front and 19x10.5 +15 rears.

3d56c6012ddd3003244f63888817bf6f.jpg

I also wanted to upgrade the rubber at the same time so went with the old favourite MPSS (255/35 and 295/30). I can now see why these tyres get such high praise.

Hoping to avoid coilovers this time around I bought some eibach pro kit springs which gave me exactly the kind of drop I wanted without really changing the ride too much.

Here's how it sits now

1a196feef1f55be7eacf8990c3d0abc4.jpg

690533a1097f3145805c481a3908b617.jpg

7c0382e86450caae5e19c9b9de39005b.jpg

94750b5362d8c0e42ca7ac933591cf3b.jpg

Very happy with the way it sits now, but I need to remove the little guards that hang below the front wheels as they sit about half an inch from the road and catch on literally everything :p

Next plan is probably an alignment to make sure everything is setup right and buying camber/toe arms as required. It all looks fairly even now but it's bound to be out after all that fiddling. Then it's exhaust time :)

Thanks for reading, Mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Snowdrift
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Looks spot on, loving those wheels,

Regarding those little guards at the front, I've left mine on as it gives me an idea that I'm getting close to catching the front lip but it's only scraping those...if you know what I mean :D

There is that I guess, plus I quite enjoy the look of horror when people walking by hear the scrape :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple of weeks ago I fitted the Invidia Gemini that I bought from Jonnymonno. Over the moon with it and saved me a few quid as I was about to buy the exact same exhaust brand new. Also bought his decat pipes but refraining from installing them until I can get around to a map, might be a little while as I'm just about to buy a house.

Just took a quick pic, the sound is perfect for what I want, can actually hear the car now without any cabin drone.

e0a1202d77a398524d1c189656eff70d.jpg

Edited by Snowdrift
  • Like 1