Should I hydro dip ?

L3W15

So I painted these over the last few weeks, my intentions were to hydro dip but the film I have in mind is proving hard to find and the more I look the more adamant I am of the design. I'd like to keep as much of the white as possible. I'm really taking to the white and now I'm wondering whether to leave it as is or to hydro dip. What's everyone else's thoughts ?

image_zpskr0m3xir.jpeg

image_zpsnlnagx4a.jpeg

This is what I want but it needs to be reversed in order to keep it mainly white.

I'm swaying towards just keeping it white but was wondering if anyone had any of their own done in something similar or just a general idea of what people's thoughts are :)

You can have white and dipped, the advantage is that its a lot more hard wearing than just painted. The guy who dipped mine, finished with the same lacquer they use on the bumpers of high end motors, hard wearing and some gibberish about self healing if you get minor scratch's

My dash, center console, and door parts were all done over a year ago and still look like brand new...... definitely worth the investment for a top job

• Like 2

I agree, get them dipped in something you like. Extremely hard wearing!

I would suggest carbon for the doors, but the center I'm not sure, as personally I think it would be a bit much

Also, shaming you for Chris Brown ;)

I agree, get them dipped in something you like. Extremely hard wearing!

I would suggest carbon for the doors, but the center I'm not sure, as personally I think it would be a bit much

Also, shaming you for Chris Brown ;)

I like the carbon but it's too common these days, trying for something different.

Don't mind being shamed for Chris brown, it could of been a lot worse showing ;) haha

Never fear I am here!

What pattern are you after mate?

I'd say 50% of dipping films are dictated by the base coat so if you want it white then white it shall be.

For example

Snake skin is completely dictated by the colour - White, purple, green and yellow paint would equal white, purple green and yellow snake skin.

Blue flame however requires a white base coat as the film itself already has the colour blue in it. The white simply provides a background colour for the translucent blue part of the film.

• Like 1

Never fear I am here!

I'd say 50% of dipping films are dictated by the base coat so if you want it white then white it shall be.

For example

Snake skin is completely dictated by the colour - White, purple, green and yellow paint would equal white, purple green and yellow snake skin.

Blue flame however requires a white base coat as the film itself already has the colour blue in it. The white simply provides a background colour for the translucent blue part of the film.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm a little familiar with how the films work, I've used a few, from carbon, skulls and joker faces.

However, the majority I've 'played about with' all seemed to have a fair bit of ink to the pattern, which obviously covers the base coat.

I had in mind the laughing skulls https://www.aquagraphix.co.uk/product/white-laughing-skulls-hydrographics-film-100cm/

But this is a white outline which would clash with the white background. I see there is also blue laughing skulls but I really had my mind set on black ones. Can't seem to find them anywhere though :s

I'm not at all sure anymore really. I was dead set on the laughing skulls at first but now that I can't find them it's hard to picture a thing else if you know what I mean.

I've looked through a few places and nothing really jumps out at me. I want something different yet not to much going on if that makes sense. Probably being a bit fussy that's all haha

I'm not at all sure anymore really. I was dead set on the laughing skulls at first but now that I can't find them it's hard to picture a thing else if you know what I mean.

I've looked through a few places and nothing really jumps out at me. I want something different yet not to much going on if that makes sense. Probably being a bit fussy that's all haha

Few more films to look at here from another professional trader on the forum: https://www.aquagraphix.co.uk/product-category/film/

Just for some more ideas. :thumbs:

Few more films to look at here from another professional trader on the forum: https://www.aquagraphix.co.uk/product-category/film/

Just for some more ideas. :thumbs:

Yeah I've already checked them out mate, some nice stuff but it's hard to find something that stands out lol

Yeah I've already checked them out mate, some nice stuff but it's hard to find something that stands out lol

Apparently this company has over 350 films to choose from. Link: https://dipthis.co.uk/category/film/

I'd just start Googling images etc to see what you come across.

Also I'm pretty sure you could have your own design made up on a film as well but no idea what company does it. Again though I'm sure Google will have the answer. ;)

Never fear I am here!

For example

whereabouts you I am in Milton Keynes and my door handles are in desperate need of TLC c456ba641f372a0247e9a5e1f3a52658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never fear I am here!

For example

whereabouts you I am in Milton Keynes and my door handles are in desperate need of TLC c456ba641f372a0247e9a5e1f3a52658.jpg

Chester mate.

As for those parts......thinners and some scotch. Remove the old rubber coating. Then get a can of real plastidip and 4 or 5 thin coats.

Brand new.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Never fear I am here!

For example

Chester mate.

As for those parts......thinners and some scotch. Remove the old rubber coating. Then get a can of real plastidip and 4 or 5 thin coats.

Brand new.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ðŸ™ðŸ˜€thanks most appreciated

thanks most appreciated

Forget Plastidip imo, ...so much better to get those parts dipped & properly lacquered. The finish will look so much better & last so much longer.

Here's my thread from when I had mine done: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86048-hydro-dipped-interior-parts-door-pulls-grab-handle/

:thumbs:

í ½í¹í ½í¸€