Recommended company for registering an imported car ?

RobPhoboS

Hey guys, a good friend has an imported car over here, all of the paper work is done but the last part of registering it as a UK car (RHD, from Singapore).

I just wondered if anyone has done this, and with whom as he is getting some crazy quotes.

Okay, so how far along in the process is he? I can't see any issues with registering something like that directly with the DVLA, it was a car that has full EU compliance so should be very straightforward.

How old is the car?

If it is 10 years old or over then the process is simpler and only an MOT is needed, plus the export certificate.

It's less than 10 years, which is possibly why a bit of a pain.

I've put him in touch with a friend that hopefully can help out, and will see how it pans out.

How old is the car?

If it is 10 years old or over then the process is simpler and only an MOT is needed, plus the export certificate.

It's less than 10 years, which is possibly why a bit of a pain.

I've put him in touch with a friend that hopefully can help out, and will see how it pans out.

Its not a pain mate, book in the car, take it there, get it tested, job done, so long as it passes ;) I did quite a few back in the hay day of imports, except then it was an sva, but same process, you just need the coc, try here:

http://www.dvlaadvic..._conformity.htm

&

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/new-registrations

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1