Hello, GT4, bad dealer and pain!

leigh_boy

they said it was because of the low fuel level and running the crap from the bottom of the tank

Utter, utter bobbins. That's exactly what a fuel filter prevents!

That's an outright lie, plain and simple.

I did try and cancel the transation right there but they said nothign was wring with the car.

ps it had failed the mot on the engine light being on and the airbag light. but i understand the air bag light is a common issue.

Please, next time you buy a car make sure it's actually correct before you drive it away. Whilst I don't condone their actions, you have made it incredibly easy for them to take advantage.

i know... was thinking with my heart not my head and now im in this hole.;(

Please, next time you buy a car make sure it's actually correct before you drive it away. Whilst I don't condone their actions, you have made it incredibly easy for them to take advantage.

And your in it now so hindsight is sadly nothing more than a wonderful thing.

Dude you're going to need to invest a little bit of money (which you'll probably lose) to get this sorted. Get a solicitor to give you some advice and to write you a letter.

Obvs you can do this yourself but I'm thinking your concerned by their 'legal team' (seriously how bad is your garage to have a legal team!!) so show them you mean business and clout them with the same thing.

Dan will probs disagree as he knows pretty much for certain what you are and aren't entitled to and how cheaply you can realistically do it.

For me id want some reassurance from a legal bod.

This is 10 grand we're talking about at the end of the day. It's not buttons.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

And your in it now so hindsight is sadly nothing more than a wonderful thing.

Dude you're going to need to invest a little bit of money (which you'll probably lose) to get this sorted. Get a solicitor to give you some advice and to write you a letter.

Obvs you can do this yourself but I'm thinking your concerned by their 'legal team' (seriously how bad is your garage to have a legal team!!) so show them you mean business and clout them with the same thing.

Dan will probs disagree as he knows pretty much for certain what you are and aren't entitled to and how cheaply you can realistically do it.

For me id want some reassurance from a legal bod.

This is 10 grand we're talking about at the end of the day. It's not buttons.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I hear you, i guess i should let them give me there diagnosis before i look at getting some one else involved. e.g wait for them to accept it has a problem ( i doubt they will) or 2 they say it has no problem.

i keep saying to them are they returnign the car when done ect and get nothgn back its reallyyy annoying,. the one thing i dont want to do is pay for legal and then have to pay for a rebuild.

Im selling my house and thats why i bought the 350 in the first place but i didn't intend to spend the equity (20k) on rebuilding the car and purchasing it i purchased on credit card to protect my self and i do need to buy another house after the break up with the mrs is over.. grrrrr

Maybe Im missing something here but whats stopping you just taking the car to them, giving them the keys and a letter of rejection and telling them you expect the money to be back in your bank account within 7 days?

Forget everything else, if it failed MoT on the airbag light then you can return it and walk into the sunset.

Maybe Im missing something here but whats stopping you just taking the car to them, giving them the keys and a letter of rejection and telling them you expect the money to be back in your bank account within 7 days?

Forget everything else, if it failed MoT on the airbag light then you can return it and walk into the sunset.

you cant just return it with out proving it has a fault annoyingly. getting them to accept it has a fault then i can get my money back and my PX if its still there. it does have an mot now this was what i saw with them trying to get it through one

Airbag light not on anymore? Thats a fault and no denying.

Alternatively get an emissions check done on it, if the oil is coming out of the exhaust then this should prove it.

nope no longer on - it was sorted before i picked it up but i saw that it had failed on initially

you say that i had a celica that was burning oil to the point it was actually sitting in the end tip and it passed the test with no issues.

I did the same, now im 3k into a rebuild lol

you cant just return it with out proving it has a fault annoyingly. getting them to accept it has a fault then i can get my money back and my PX if its still there. it does have an mot now this was what i saw with them trying to get it through one

But it does have a provable fault: It used over 4 litres of oil in under 1000mi, which isn't even close to being within the Nissan spec.

Doc's right, I would get it back to them with a final letter and request a refund or else go to court. And I would follow through with that threat as well: It's easy enough to do, and they're not going to challenge it I promise.

But it does have a provable fault: It used over 4 litres of oil in under 1000mi, which isn't even close to being within the Nissan spec.

Doc's right, I would get it back to them with a final letter and request a refund or else go to court. And I would follow through with that threat as well: It's easy enough to do, and they're not going to challenge it I promise.

But i do need to let them look at it first correct?

But i do need to let them look at it first correct?

As has been said just reject the car and return it as advised above: Simples:

Arguably, no. According to your first post, you notified them twice within the 30-day period that the product was faulty and they did not help out. As such, I believe you fulfilled your end of the CRA and can return the car now.

Arguably, no. According to your first post, you notified them twice within the 30-day period that the product was faulty and they did not help out. As such, I believe you fulfilled your end of the CRA and can return the car now.

ok, il double check with trading standards on the situation because i thought they have to 1 agree to take it back or 2 prove there is a fault.

They don't have to agree to take it back: That's your right as a consumer.

TS just said aload of spill to me, basicaly confirmed that i need them to accept there is a fault before i refuse the car or i have to have a alternative dispute team deal / take it to court. that a side how does one prove the oil use with out saying take it for a drive for 200 miles.

I would suspect they'd know more than me, but I don't think they're correct at all.

You've already proven the oil usage, so what more are you supposed to do? No, I'd be dropping it off n their doorstep and asking for my refund ASAP else you'll see them in court.

S20004u.... Say no more! Luckily enough their original site got flattened for development. Unluckily enough he is now up there :( Good luck Op and hope you get it resolved asap.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

S20004u.... Say no more! Luckily enough their original site got flattened for development. Unluckily enough he is now up there :( Good luck Op and hope you get it resolved asap.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

thank you, it does confirm to me that he is well known in the community and not for good reasons. :(

I would suspect they'd know more than me, but I don't think they're correct at all.

You've already proven the oil usage, so what more are you supposed to do? No, I'd be dropping it off n their doorstep and asking for my refund ASAP else you'll see them in court.

me saying it uses oil inst enough, abbey haven't said in so many words it has either just that i say it had and it falls in line with a common fault.

its a pain, i know its going to be i shall not give in easily though.

Oh god, it's not them is it?!?

NOOOOO!!!!! every ones knows about him has any here had any dealings with them and had a good out come?

Oh god, it's not them is it?!?

NOOOOO!!!!! every ones knows about him has any here had any dealings with them and had a good out come?

Nope.