Hellshine Abyss

GeorgeW

Im sure many of you have seen this product, and its ridiculous results on the autobrite facebook page. It is a paint sealant which lasts up to 12 months, and gives beautiful small water beads on a deep shine.

I thought this product was too good to be true but after a lot of research, it seems correct, so I want me some!

My question is: My usual routine after the wash and dry is a polish and a cover of Autoglym HD wax. To use the Abyss as well, would it work as well or instead of HD wax?

The car is being used for our wedding in May and it needs to be 100% shiny on the day, so if this will help, its coming with us

Cheers

yes too be honest I don't mind the 12 month bit, as I only need it to last a day or two most importantly, but a couple of weeks in between the 'good washes'

Ok thanks, so wash, dry, polish, abyss, wax?

They do the Abyss in a sample pot for £9, but thats enough to do more than 2 cars, so even if it only lasts a couple of months, the sample pot will still last a while

Presume you have had a good read on detailingworld? http://www.detailing...ad.php?t=291737

Sounds like a great bit of kit, something I might try when my current wax of choice runs out - although what I use currently is fantastic and will take some beating in that price range!

Yes I read that just before posting, seems to do a nice job on there, and as I mentioned, the photos coming up on the autobrite facebook page are amazing

What is the wax you use just out of curiosity?

I am more than happy with my HD wax, and would struggle to see something do a better job, hense why I am so tempted with the Abyss!

Edited by GeorgeW

I would just point out that AutoBrite are very selective about what goes up on their Facebook page.

Point noted. Have you personally used the product? I don't want this to turn into a hate gathering, so will try and keep it on track with 'Abyss'

I have, it's a decent enough product. It wouldn't make it on to my essentials list though as I don't think it's any better that FK1000P.

A number of the Hellshine products are actually quite good, I'd just advise seeking more independent reviews than ABD's controlled media for more realistic expectations.

If you only want maximum shine for that one day, you want to either polish or glaze the car to within an inch of its life to obtain that. The sealant/wax wont make a big a difference as the prep work will.

Ok great, yes I actually was looking up the difference between them, as I'm sure most people aren't actually sure. So just to confirm..

Wax - protects the paintwork with an extra layer, and filling in any tiny marks?

Polish - uses fine abrasives to take a minute later to top coat off to even out the surface?

Glaze - a polish without the abrasives?

Ok great, yes I actually was looking up the difference between them, as I'm sure most people aren't actually sure. So just to confirm..

Wax - protects the paintwork with an extra layer, and filling in any tiny marks?

Polish - uses fine abrasives to take a minute later to top coat off to even out the surface?

Glaze - a polish without the abrasives?

Pretty much, except wax won't fill anything as such. A glaze will do that though.

Essentially wax and sealants protect.

Polish uses abrasives to level out the surrounding peaks.

Glaze uses fillers to level out the troughs.

Polish is permanent, glaze is temporary.

ok so a dam good going over with the polish, then Abyss, and finally HD wax. and possibly claying before the lot if I have time!

What colour is you motor George?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Chilli red :)

If your most concerned with utter bling for a few days rather than long term protection id say Poorboys black hole glaze and R222 Concours wax.

It'll look like a right slippery weasel but the R222 doesn't give long term protection.

Some synthetics can dull off the gloss that a wax will give.

As Ilogikal said just be aware of the fact that social media marketing tends to show the best rather than the reality.

• Like 1

ok so a dam good going over with the polish, then Abyss, and finally HD wax. and possibly claying before the lot if I have time!

What colour is you motor George?

Chilli red :)

Sorry I've missed a few posts here. If you are going to clay be very careful as even careful claying can leave marring in the paint.

A polish will take it out but it'd be far far better doing it by machine.

If your most concerned with utter bling for a few days rather than long term protection id say Poorboys black hole glaze and R222 Concours wax.

This. A billionty times this!!

I would find time to throw some decon at it, then a decent paint cleaner such as AF Rejuvenate before the Blackhole (or AF Ultra Glaze) and R222 for much awesomeness.

• Like 1

MY car is a azure blue 350z and I have used it for years,never had a problem, would you recommend the hd product in autoglym, or another? :D:)

I'll be honest I'd slather my car in butter before I use Autoglum products. Not that they are as bad as all that but the principle of paying their exorbitant prices annoys me for such average fayre.

yes true, but actually the HD is a very good product, and value for money is good as I have used it countless times, and it still looks like I haven't touched the jar! If you look at reviews on 'cleanyourcar' you will see that many people rate it highly even against the detailing specific market.

Edited by GeorgeW

This. A billionty times this!!

I would find time to throw some decon at it, then a decent paint cleaner such as AF Rejuvenate before the Blackhole (or AF Ultra Glaze) and R222 for much awesomeness.

what decon do you speak of? or suggest?

Edited by GeorgeW