Clutch life

formatzero

All down to how its been used :)

^^ This. ;)

My Zed was still on its original OEM clutch/flywheel at 96K miles odd when I sold it and it was supercharged. Have heard others still on OEM equipment even past 100K miles but then others changing much, much earlier so as Jetpilot stated is correct. :thumbs:

All down to how its been used :)

Yes. Some people are really hard on their clutches, one of the worst things is to hold it on the clutch when stationary on hills, or in traffic jams, can never understand why people do this. There's also those who haven't mastered changing gear smoothly so the car jolts on every gear change, my ex wife was one of those :lol: . Then there's the people who like to slip the clutch on frequent racing starts. As others have said clutch life can be anything from 40k to the life of the car, say 150k..

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

There's a known issue with the clutch pipe over heating on track. My clutch pedal was sat on the floor at 150mph on the nurburgring but it cooled down and popped back up. Replacement part being fitted on Friday

There's a known issue with the clutch pipe over heating on track. My clutch pedal was sat on the floor at 150mph on the nurburgring but it cooled down and popped back up. Replacement part being fitted on Friday

First I've heard of it. Do you not mean the slave or master cylinder? They're know to fail, the slave more than the master, and they can cause the same issue.