What price should buyers be paying for a 2004/2005 60-100k miles

GranTurismoEra

Hi Zed-ites

What price should buyers be paying for a clean example with full history with roughly 70-100,000 miles on the clock, 04/05 2-3 owners i.e

This one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182018491752?euid=656251a235fb4576a950f5e837b03eb0&cp=1&exe=12792&ext=32581&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

Ive seen so many prices and insurance reckons they are valued around 5-6k for most. But people are selling up to £7800 even £8500. Some as low as £5500 depending if its imported etc, What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

I got mine with 80k on for £5900. 2004 GT pack and bodywork in mint condition. Clutch did start slipping after 5/6 months and needed replacing.

So I'd agree with the above, anything between 6 and 7 for a good one

i bought my 53 plate car with 41k on the clocks for £6800, 4 years ago now! sold last year with 70k on the clock for £5500. granted it wasnt cosmetically mint but it was mechanically sound.

I'd be haggling hard, theres plenty out there for sale, £6k should be enough to secure a decent one.

• Like 1

Miles seem to be the thing that pushes prices up, I struggled to sell mine at what I thought was pretty reasonable money because it had done close to 100K, similarly very low mileage cars attract a premium.

If youre saving £2K then I dont see it as a big problem if the clutch goes, it will need replacing eventually anyway. For me an 04 with 100K miles should be around the £5K mark, with 50K probably closer to £6500 :)

Mine was £6900 black gt 05 plate with custom exhaust and 54,000 on the clock everything was near enough perfect and didn't haggle as I new someone else would have took it from him for more. That was 2014 :)

Edited by PPod

dont do what i did, £5k for a high miler, 118k, clutch went on the way home. 2004.

you got to be kidding, the least someone can do is get home! :surrender: I assume most havent had a clutch replacement unless someone had bad luck and was forced to change, did you change the flywheel as well?

well my bros alternator died on the way home on the motorway, the guy came to recover us, my old civic battery died a few hours after parking up, had to get it towed and keys reprogrammed, the space civics make that silly computer glitch noise when trying to start :lol:

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Just under £4k for 120k mile '04 plate last September and it's cost me £250 for a wheel bearing so far. No rust on the bodywork either.

I got lucky I think! :lol:

Bet the bugger breaks on the way home tonight!

If it was an audi i would say 50/50, but being jap, id say if you treat it right it will take care of you!

That one is 6,995 and looks pretty good from the photos. Fuel has got a lot cheaper recently and that is making the used prices a bit stronger, especially for the pre 06 tax hike cars.

It was a nice example but im going to wait a few weeks closer to when my insurance ends, then i can really look and have enough funds, he wanted to add crazy interest to some tiny finance, wasnt worth it, he said it was owned by an older guy and not thrashed by the younger fellow, tracked, dragged and spun for cheers/whistles on a saturday night :lol: ....., ill take his word for it, plus its the last model before the VED hike,, not sure if its enough to keep the car value high, who knows maybe, pre 06 are still very desirable........5000 - 6000 is about right for a nice 04, with sub 90k miles, nice examples go fast,

Petrol will go up again im sure