Look what my son just got in his workshop

d95gas

Turns out its in for a CAT5 Tracker to be fitted, and a full health check diagnostics.

2005 model, with just 1008 miles on the clock.

Does that mean it's been written off?

Lol!

Cat 5 trackers are a thatcham spec tracker which can remotely disable a vehicle if its been stolen. Highest certified grade of 'theft recovery' device on the market.

Looking at over a grand with install & a 3 year subscription.

Think he charges £1400 with the 3yr subscription for the fitting. I can see where my son has got his thirst for powerful cars..... Last month he purchased a 2005 M5, but just before we went down last week he had just purchased the M3 with the V8 engine, some sport model that has Carbon roof and floor, and some trick suspension..... that thing goes like a rocket......he lent it to me and his mum for the day whilst he chip tuned her new MX5 ......... and he nearly never got it back :teeth:

If the guy bought it only to be stored, why not just remove the HT leads?

You see thats the sort of practical idea that we would come up with, but with these guys, if they dont pay a fortune then it cant be any good :D OR.... like we had in the Cortina days, a hidden flick switch to disable the ignition ......1970's Immobilizer.

Last year I so wanted to return to Le Mans, what with Nissan running a Nismo (maybe a good thing I didn't seeing how they performed (rules, I believe interfered), the new Ford GT running this year at Le Mans, is making me want to go.

This Ford GT is a beautiful car, from every angle, I'd give Dans left bollock for one :lol:

It wasn't the rules that scuppered the Nissan LMP1 car, it was the fact it was a complete piece of sh*t! :lol: :lol: FWD indeed, silly idea.

I cannot wait to go and see the Ford GT in action this year, will be cheering the 66 car on all the way to the class win hopefully :D It's utterly stunning, and I don't even mind the V6T instead of a V8 either. Looks to be fairly competitive too, even at this early stage after the Daytona race last month.