Wheel refurb suggestions

Irn Bru

Looking to get my wheels refurbished in the spring but fancy a change from the black......but struggling for ideas on new colour, this is my Zed as she is just now.

Was thinking of going a deep bronze with a fleck through it, any ideas for me guys ?

PS: pic nicked from hensh65's build thread hope that's ok Mods ?

20140315_161430_zpsabde5d48.jpg

I see why you're nicknamed Irn Bru ;)

I think bronze would clash too much the sunset personally, but might also compliment it. Bit of a risk!! Find a few colours you like, get some forum photoshop guru's to play with them and then toss a coin?

• Like 1

I think gunmetal or anthracite would work better than bronze- agree it would clash with sunset

Won't clash as much as the red does lol please tell me your losing the red?

Red ? I'm assuming you mean the rim tape ?, it's orange and yes it will be going when I get the wheels refurbished lol, although I quite like it actually.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Blue as with the Irn Bru can............. now there's a thought !!!.

Well not really, but it would be controversial lol. Maybe stay with the black but with a bronze or sunset fleck through it. Need to upload a full on side photo and ask a ps guru to work their magic for me. Definately not going silver or anthracite though, like them on other Zeds, but just not for me.

Polished lips :)

Mines have got quite a deep dish on them so yeah silver / polished dish with the candy blue would look the nuts.

How close to chrome can you get with paint these days or would they have to be polished ?

Edited by Irn Bru

That gt86 gets away with blue wheels cos the orange is more vibrant and it looks much more aggressive

Blue wheels on yours would look a bit too barry boy for my liking

Hmmmm maybe.........but with the candy blue which is a bit less in your face (as is the sunset orange compared to the bright orange) it might just pull it off ?!

• Like 1