Abs, Esp, Traction control light- help please

iwanprice12

Hi,

Started driving home from work yesterday & all the above lights lit the dash. Turned the ignition off, back on & the lights dissapeared. But today the lights have come back on & are staying on. Any ideas anyone?

Had a look on a few threads, that seem to advise it might be a problem with the toe/tracking & other suggesting 'steering angle sensor' (YAW sensor I'm guessing). I know the rubber bush on the 'banana' arm needs replacing, and this might be a reason behind this.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After checking the brake fluid is on max, check your brake lights are coming on when the pedal is pressed. I had those lights coming on because the brake pedal switch had failed and wasn't activating the brake lights.

Thanks for the info guys. Will get on the case. I have tried braking hard & accelarating hard (to see if there is a problem with the abs or traction control not working) but everything seems to be fine?

Brake fluid level did come to mind as well!

Thanks for the advice. Brake fluid was a little low (but not below the minimum). Have topped it up, but only driven a mile or so...no lights so far...cross fingers that's what the problem was! The test will be the drive to work tomorrow!

Thanks all

Check the fluid level again and top right up to the max line if it is below. We have seen this situation many times over the years and the problem resolved after a couple of top ups.

If it has gone down and continues to do so you might want to check to see if you have leaks, aside from the potential safety implications if a small leak develops into a bigger one.

Managed to get hold of a code reader that works! Finally! Codes read

C1109 - Battery Voltage

C1106 - RR LH Abs Sensor.

Having googled the codes, it says the codes could mean a number of things. But by looking at the description of the codes, would I be right in thinking the Abs Sensor would be the most likely culprit?

Thanks,

Iwan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update for anyone that's had similar trouble...

After a week away, left my car with my brother in law (who's a mechanic) and replaced the ABS sensor (rear) that the code was throwing up. He also replaced the banana arm on the front.

So far, so good! No lights on the dash (although haven't given it some beans yet!) and the car handles well again.

Fallen back in love with the car after a bit of love/hate over the past couple months!

Iwan