260Z Restoration

shooze

• 2 weeks later...
Nice work there. Always liked the 260z, wish I had the space to do a restoration project would be so good. How much can one be picked up for these days which would need a medium amount of restoration?

Cheers guys!

Well, the call has been made and it's going Safari Gold!

Bezza, they've shot up in price recently. My car was pretty rusty and I bought it for £2500 about 3 years ago. Recently I've seen cars in much worse condition sell for nearly £8k.

I'd imagine when it's fully restored it will be around £20/25k.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good progress :) Mine is progressing.... some more metalwork to be done, but should be ready for painting in 3-4 weeks :D Need to start buying parts now!

Get a thread up mate always good to see other builds! What colour are you going?

• 3 months later...

Ive also bought some goodies for it! I went for custom spring rates of 4 and 4 instead of 4/5 that they normally come in as I want the ride to be really smooth, Im not going to be flinging this thing around tracks!

20160621_185948_zpsf4d3wapf.jpg

20160621_185840_zpsgksli2tu.jpg

Also have a Safety Devices half cage on order

Also managed to pick up a very rusty but probably restorable extra 260Z to help me put mine back together. Im not sure what Ill do with it when mines done, I might restore this one in a more wide arch/alternative engine way.

I've also picked up another 260Z.... this one will be partly an aid to putting mine back together and then once mine is done, either get restored or broken for spares. It is rather rusty though as its a UK car!

PH000484_zpszbcltuor.jpg

20160531_174118_zpstwysooe2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Looking really good. Keep up the great work and look forward to more pics. I have to say, like you I'm looking forward to bolting bits back on but at the same time am worried to death about chipping th paintwork.

Haha I'm terrified about the engine and box mate!!! I've managed to be super careful with the suspension so far touch wood.

What are you restoring Leon?

There is about 1mm clearance on the engine on mine haha and the front half of the car has to come off to fit it. There's a build thread on here, "JAAAAG project" It's been going on for about 4 years now. I did have a Z once, honest :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

There is about 1mm clearance on the engine on mine haha and the front half of the car has to come off to fit it. There's a build thread on here, "JAAAAG project" It's been going on for about 4 years now. I did have a Z once, honest :lol:

I'll have a search and a little read through yours mate! Always good to see what others are doing!

I can't believe how long it taks to put back together. Just changed all the wheel bearings and reinstalled the polybushed arms and suspension. Need to pack the bearings and get the wheels on it now!

Steering rack, column and pedal box are all painted and will be going on on Friday!

• 1 month later...

A little more progress on the car! All new balljoints, bearings and coilovers fitted along with fully polybushed suspension arms. The car is now on its wheels and steering!

Safety Devices half cage is test fitted and the brackets will be welded in soon.

Theres a few bits I wanted to ask about. In terms of seam sealer Im sure theres a few places that should have some where there isn't. Should there be seam sealer along the chassis rails? How about between the bulkhead and the front inner wings?

20160726_140625_zpsxs9lb5mk.jpg

20160726_140632_zpskgs8eal0.jpg

20160726_142423_zpsksvvt1vc.jpg

20160803_143819_zpsv5wepyrn.jpg

20160803_123639_zpsrovjlb7g.jpg

20160804_172852_zpsif64dwhb.jpg

20160804_172915_zpss4lon7ht.jpg

20160818_155629_zpsv2ozzhr2.jpg

IMG_20160818_180003_zps6orfuc0e.jpg

• Like 2