Uprev booked plus service :)

Zeezeebaba

I've decided to keep the Z a little longer and save up for a GTR. I was tempted by a Porsche but thought better of it.

So rather than have my CEL flicking on every few days it's time to get the rear O2 sensors mapped out and a nice service to boot.

It's off to Hdev next week for the work and to be fair I'm happy with the power as is so a sharpening of the throttle will do nicely.Im having a couple of other bits done like the belts etc.

Looking forward to it :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm chuffed, not only does she drive beautifully now I also found out I have a good car. Now I've not had the plenum spacer done but I do have Berks and a Miltek. The car ran 281 before the map running lean and 295 after which astonished me tbh. Air box and plenum should push it over 300 so that's the next job.

• Like 2

It's actually an 04 DE fellas. Now I've always taken dyno results with a pinch of salt and do here.However a gain of 15bhp with only a Miltek and HFCs isn't in dispute. Whether or not the dyno is accurate can be disputed.

My car has always pulled nicely has a good history and never uses oil in between services so it's a pretty solid lump.

I only had it mapped because I wanted to turn off the post Cat sensors that kept triggering the CEL.

I will now probably get a plenum spacer and air box mod which might lift it past 300bhp on that particular dyno. The other benefit of the map was the deletion of throttle retardation to make it feel linear and akin to an old style cable operated one. The speed limiter has also been deleted but I'm unlikely to test that particular feature :)

I had a P3 service done beforehand which probably helped and had already fitted new OEM pre Cat sensors prior to attending.

I was expecting about 260bhp on a 12 year old 89k mile car tbh, we were all surprised by the results to be fair.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1