Braided Lines Question

BobbyZ

Evening guys, just a quick question. I'm upgrading to braided lines soon, and was wondering if there's any difference between the brands. I'm seeing the Goodridge and Hosetechnik at £150, and the HEL ones at about half that. Is there any difference? I don't mind paying the extra, but only if I'm actually getting a better product.

Thanks in advance.

This should generate some traffic :lol:

The HEL ones, I believe until recently only had banjos whereas the Goodridge ones had OEM connectors. However, I think HEL have changed that now. There's been a couple of failed HEL threads in the last year I think on here but it's hard to say if any of that was down to installation or inferior product.

If I was buying again, I'd stump up for the Goodridge or Hosetechnik, having read a number of different views. Certainly, if you don't have trouble finding that bit of extra cash, spend a few quid extra.

All IMO, I have no dynos to prove anything ;)

• Like 2

Thank you too Mr. Pilot. I've gone with the Hosetechniks anyway. I'm sure the HELs are fine, but the difference in cash isn't a deal breaker and I don't want to find out that the HELs are in fact dodgy by driving it through a wall, or worse.

• 2 months later...

I've just replaced my OE (came with the car) for Goodridge ones.

For anyone wanting the Goodridge lines post 2006, you can buy them, don't worry about the picture on the box and the model years as the hoses are 100% correct.

Anyone from Goodridge (I can't remember who I spoke to as I bought them tale end of last year) reading this, you can update your website to change it from 2003-2006 and include the facelift brembo models too (06 to 08 possibly?!?) as it's a straight swap. And also, thanks for agreeing to refund me if they were the wrong part, your gamble paid off.

And again, just to add my 2p, I had a line fail last year.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/101042-hel-braided-brake-lines-failure/

These were installed by Sly at Kaiser Motors so id hardly blame bad installation. I have now got a set of the goodridge lines which are at least 40% longer and come with proper mounting brackets and proper fixings rather than the banjo fittings the HEl ones have

In my case with the HEL's I suspect the P clamp they supply over time wore away the insulation on the outside, as soon as this is gone the inner Teflon tube cant support the pressure and it splits. Id never touch them about with a barge pole of any length!

I am fully aware that there are many thousands of happy customers, and mine is just 1 failure, but the failure of a braking component is unacceptable IMO.

Edited by cs2000

You get what you pay for.

I have tried them all and the oem fitment is the safe way to go.

So Goodridge and Hosetechnic (Stainless Ends) gets my vote every time.

HEL have the OEM fitment too though?

Perhaps now they do, however looking at the quality of there lines in the past, I would still give them a huge body swerve.

What price is a life ?

• Like 2

You get what you pay for.

I have tried them all and the oem fitment is the safe way to go.

So Goodridge and Hosetechnic (Stainless Ends) gets my vote every time.

The Hosetechnik and Goodridge kits are 6 line with distribution blocks as per the OEM lines the HEL kits are 4 line.

Having had a set of HEL's fail on an R35 and a couldn't care less attitude once reported i'd never fit a set ever again.

As Alex says you get what you pay for.

I think this is all the endorsements you need to be fair.

• 1 month later...