best way to clean burnt tips?

PPod

Hi, what's the best way/products to clean burnt tips? Scared to use anything apart from warm water on them as I rubbed my last set off :(

But warm water isn't the best as I cant get the tar spots off or the heavy dirt.

Any chemical cleaner will be fine, just avoid anything with abrassives - i.e. most metal polishes, wire wool, polishing pads, etc.

For tar spots, tar remover - spray on, leave to work, rinse off. For stubborn spots, wipe over with a microfibre cloth before rinsing.

For heavier dirt try an APC (all purpose cleaner - supermarket's own is as good as any other branded version, so just pick up the cheapest, but go for the liquid versions rather than the crean ones - dilte appropriately and use to wash as normal.

For normal cleaning, just use soapy water after a pre-wash.

The best way to keep it clean is to seal it once it's clean. Anything designed for wheels is sufficient but for ease of cleaning I'd recommend a coating but if you're willing to reapply regularly (every month or two) FK1000P is sufficient, cost effective and versatile.

• Like 1