Still searching. Question about red Zed...

A pristine set of LMGT4s will sell quickly for over £1000.00

I thought they sold for more than (if sold slowly?) like £1500. Or is that generally including 4 spanking good newish tyres on? And of course I'd need to replace them, that won't come for free.

ANYWAY I haven;t even got the car yet and certainly should not be talking about a wheel sale that is unlikely to occur :blush:

Ahhh G-G-G-G-Granville, sorry you took the time to inspect the ad so closely and write all that out and post just as I was writing my post about forgetting the whole notion (at least of that one in London).

No that's ok (real names Gareth btw :D ~ confusing I know but I got given a nick name :blush: )

That blue Zed looks soooo much better and with the LMGT4's that's a real bonus. B) Good luck with the purchase and get some pics up once you get it. :thumbs:

My question is two-fold:

1) why are there so few reds? Was it always an undesirable colour in the UK so perhaps far fewer original orders for them?

Waiting lists basically, longer waiting list on Chilli Reds. Being a cynic I would suggest this was because Red was a £0 option.

Pete

Hi, I joined the forum today following buying a red zed.

I love it and it does look great. No issues with paint fade that I can see, so must've been looked after. I was torn between red and blue, but as you say, was looking for <100K on the clock and found this a week before Christmas. Maybe it's the one that was sold you were referring to? If so, sorry :surrender:

Looking forward to seeing yours, they're fantastic cars.

Red_350z.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe it's the one that was sold you were referring to? If so, sorry :surrender:

Ha ha! I don't think that is the one as yours has smart wheels that look good with the red. The one I was on about originally (I think!) was in Mansfield just north of Nottingham and I am sure it had "plain" silver alloys. I had only wanted to go see it on the way up to my parents' house for Christmas break - at that point I was not yet ready to buy anyway. Is that the one?

Cheers

Maybe it's the one that was sold you were referring to? If so, sorry :surrender:

Ha ha! I don't think that is the one as yours has smart wheels that look good with the red. The one I was on about originally (I think!) was in Mansfield just north of Nottingham and I am sure it had "plain" silver alloys. I had only wanted to go see it on the way up to my parents' house for Christmas break - at that point I was not yet ready to buy anyway. Is that the one?

Cheers

Yeah it's the very same! The guys in Mansfield did up the alloys at my request for zero cost, which was a surprise! Booked in an advanced driving lesson, as I'm 95% stupid grin and 5% panic when the tail kicks out (first rear wheel drive). How's the search going?

• Like 1

Cheers Oliver. Glad you got a red that you like! My search is over, I have plumped for an Azure Blue one (the advert has now been taken down; not got the car yet but given the guy a deposit - and got receipt for it of couse - and true to his word the ads are down). It's a private sale and I need to sort out my own car - easy enough as I'm selling to a mate - and also give my vendor a bit of a chance to possibly pick up his next car, but all being well I'll be in the Zed club on 16 or 23 Jan.

I am going to book a full day with Ride Drive which has been mentioned on here, but I'll split it across two different dates, a half day at a time, as I think 8 hours of driving and learning might just melt my brain.

IMO red is the worst colour for a z , but I'm just not a red fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like black, they need a lot of work to keep them looking good. There was a red import around here for several years and the paint looked really dull, reminded me of a 10 year old car that you'd see in Arizona. Having said that I've seen a few good ones. Rosso Red is a much more vibrant red but these are very rare.

Pete

IMO red is the worst colour for a z , but I'm just not a red fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like black, they need a lot of work to keep them looking good. There was a red import around here for several years and the paint looked really dull, reminded me of a 10 year old car that you'd see in Arizona. Having said that I've seen a few good ones. Rosso Red is a much more vibrant red but these are very rare.

Pete

When looked after red is stunning, as you say with black needs looking after though...loved my red VX and love the red Celica. A very good wax is worth investing in.

Ahhh G-G-G-G-Granville, sorry you took the time to inspect the ad so closely and write all that out and post just as I was writing my post about forgetting the whole notion (at least of that one in London).

No that's ok (real names Gareth btw :D ~ confusing I know but I got given a nick name :blush: )

That blue Zed looks soooo much better and with the LMGT4's that's a real bonus. B) Good luck with the purchase and get some pics up once you get it. :thumbs:

Just for u GMballistic lol :)

IMG_20151212_200628_zpsfj8khabf.jpg

• Like 1

Just for u GMballistic lol :)

IMG_20151212_200628_zpsfj8khabf.jpg

Fancy selling those lmgt's ? Or part ex ( cash your way ) for mine ;)