Any tuning mods for the 1.6 dig-t engine?

Beavis

Purchased a 2 month old Qashqai tekna yesterday. I just needed something a bit more practical for every day use. Really like the vehicle and it has absolutely everything i need.

Just wondering if anything can be done to reduce the turbo lag on this engine?

Swap it for the engine in the GT4 :p:teeth:

Or more seriously, when you get home jump in the GT4 and remind yourself about the driving experience from one of the best NA engined cars ever made :thumbs:

Thanks Colin but you know she wont be out until April ;)

We have been tuning the Dig T and Nismo Juke's for a while. Get some real good gains from them.

Beavis you QQ is de-tuned from the Juke Motors, really need a ECU dump from your car to or the guys @ EcuTek sort out the base tune.

You willing to do this can sort a very good deal out in return for a base tune.

• Like 1

Forgive me Mark, you'd know much more about this than me so I'm genuinely curious instead of being a PITA (for a change!), but whilst I get how you can adapt the throttle sensitivity via the DBW to make that more responsive, or pump up the boost to give more shove, lag or threshold itself is surely determined by the size of the compressor and the amount of air the engine can shift in a given cycle at a given rpm. Without changing the turbo as a mechanical item, how do your proposed changes affect that threshold?

Is it just a case of making it 'feel' less? As in, when you adjust the DBW on the Zeds so that the car seems more urgent despite all you really doing is the equivalent of someone putting their foot down harder and faster? No criticism meant there btw, that system is no different to what I've got on the BMW and I vastly prefer that setting for the feel too. That's on an NA engine though, which is why I'm struggling to get the concept of how you can change the turbo threshold via software only.

The turbo response is also controlled via the PID closed loop control ( this is control via RPM/throttle/load) so this can be tuned with a front wheel drive car we also sped a lot of time with the throttle boost control so removing some throttle input lows the boost this will soften the power delivery making this to aggressive will de-spool the turbo thou

Also the turbo response is control via the cams as the inlet/exhaust cam are variable controlled (again closed loop) these can be tweaked to help/control response.

Advancing the inlet cam at low rpm/load will enchance the spool as I said we can

make the response to aggressive.

Nissan use a very complicated throttle control calibration, slow to fast maps speed threshold maps load maps on EcuTek these are all adjustable(tuneable) where as UpRev is way way behind on this part of the Nissan tuning, this makes all the difference a throttle open will make boost far quicker but we can calibrate the other parameters to make the power delivery softer even thou we are making boost.

lots of things can be used to help spool. We can see full boost on the DIG T at around 2500rpm if we want to. Full boost is around 1.25/1.3 bar boost.

• Like 2

Strange that the engine has been dulled down compared to the Juke! What are the differences there Mark?

Anyhow here she is, 2 months old and 2000 miles, not bad for a daily :)

6F0DD6FF-D532-40E3-B654-02B6FDC0E2C0_zpsx9skhdpc.jpg

Edited by Beavis

I've had a Juke Nismo for nearly 2 years now, it's being replaced in march with a more family friendly 520d tourer.

While a very fun and quick car the Nismo in standard form can't handle the power (200bhp), the wheels light up way to easy especially in sport mode and the brakes are too small considering how fast the thing gains speed. I tried to use the power last night and the traction control just kept kicking in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

On a dry warm day it leaves my E92 320d for dead in a straight line but gets scary when you put the anchors on.

Around town we get 30mpg and motorway barely reaches 40mpg, driven hard your looking at low 20's.

Wouldn't mind trying an RS as it's meant to have bigger brakes and an LSD which should hopefully help get the power down and stop you quicker.

Edited by un1eash

We spent a lot of time working on making the Jukes more usable. Tapering the boost in relation to engine speed and throttle position has helped a lot a far quicker and drivable car after a re-tune.

The 2wd cars also like upgrading the the lower arm bushes to help torque steer and a good alignment set up works as well.

We fitted different brake pads and brake lines to sort the brakes.

I love our DIGT with its winters tyre's it is a pretty good winter car as well.