A quick drive out to start my Xmas break

veeg33

Got up early as usual but doesn't need to go to work B) and missus has gone out to work. Hence decided to go out for a quick drive.

Just off junction 23 on M62, onto A640 towards Denshaw then on A672 towards Ripponden and finally back into Huddersfield. About 20 miles in total. Gloomy with some sunny spell and rain interval, but not too bad over all.

Here's some mandatory pics (from my Sony Xperia Z)

2de3df20b53c694a1666d69cc601ceec.jpg

3770e2575aa5c6c2c32735ef5855e4fe.jpg

c228c8f3b2e76f3eaa339b2b7ae71c77.jpg

49bb9f514a0839b4a4c22440981bb8e6.jpg

ab4747edf9eab835aa376359fd1cb4cb.jpg

f6e8adc4ff55b0ff772497869a917376.jpg

d8bdfa25002352a693c0e22338b08c1e.jpg

f5ebd07601af8b7e5d95c96d9db801d3.jpg

Happy holidays to all!

• Like 2

Nice looking Zed and great driving roads around your area!

Let's hope for some decent driving weather between Christmas and New Year, so we can get out in our Zeds.

Forecast says mild, spring like weather. Hopefully not too wet as well......

Yeah, I'm not far away from Peak District, and Yorkshire Dale's as well. Great place to drive and enjoy the sceneries as well.

I was on the a672 last weekend, got caught behind a gritter and there was so much rain and puddles I just kept aquaplaning which was pretty scary as there are some good drops off the side. At least it looks better than my journey was!

• Like 1

I was on the a672 last weekend, got caught behind a gritter and there was so much rain and puddles I just kept aquaplaning which was pretty scary as there are some good drops off the side. At least it looks better than my journey was!

It was my first time up there, a tiny bit wet but road was pretty quiet. Need to explore further next time :thumbs:

Very nice Veeg. B) I had to work today but am off for Christmas now. :yahoo:

I won't be going on any nice drives though as it's not as enjoyable in my Honda as it used to be in the Zed. :byebye:

Thanks Gareth. I'm only 1 day ahead of you B)

Your VTEC won't be as enjoyable but I'm sure you'll enjoy a drive no matter what you drive. Drove up to Whitby once in my missus's Avensis 2.0 turbo diesel, not as great as my zed but I still enjoyed the drive on the A and B roads. But I still wish I drove my zed......

I won't be going on any nice drives though as it's not as enjoyable in my Honda as it used to be in the Zed. :byebye:

Your VTEC won't be as enjoyable but I'm sure you'll enjoy a drive no matter what you drive. Drove up to Whitby once in my missus's Avensis 2.0 turbo diesel, not as great as my zed but I still enjoyed the drive on the A and B roads. But I still wish I drove my zed......

The thing with the Honda is to be a really enjoyable drive you need to keep it in VTEC mode, ...a bit like keeping a turbo car "on boost".

If you shift gear at 8K rpm it drops the revs down straight into VTEC mode again for the next gear. B) Can't drive everywhere like that though. :lol:;)

• Like 1

The thing with the Honda is to be a really enjoyable drive you need to keep it in VTEC mode, ...a bit like keeping a turbo car "on boost".

If you shift gear at 8K rpm it drops the revs down straight into VTEC mode again for the next gear. B) Can't drive everywhere like that though. :lol:;)

Never own or driven a VTEC before :scare: need to give it a go next time.

Edited by veeg33