R33 GTR Vspec Modest Build Thread

Flex

Hows the GTR running then fella?

I've been talking to the lads at The GTR shop in the north east about possibly bringing in a fresh import. Was actually about to start my own thread on here about it.

I've many questions about the GTR, I have drove a couple and loved them both (hence me wanting to buy one). I'm a bit put off as both lad's I knew who ran them had nothing but problems, both were in the garage waaay more than they were on the road.

Hows the GTR running then fella?

I've been talking to the lads at The GTR shop in the north east about possibly bringing in a fresh import. Was actually about to start my own thread on here about it.

I've many questions about the GTR, I have drove a couple and loved them both (hence me wanting to buy one). I'm a bit put off as both lad's I knew who ran them had nothing but problems, both were in the garage waaay more than they were on the road.

Go with JM-Imports also in the North East.

I've just imported from the GTR Shop and wish I had stuck with Jurgen...............

• Like 2

Oooh I like it very much :D

PS it's a 1995 so went on classic insurance - £281 annual!

Best thing with Footman was I didnt need to transfer any no claims!! They hardly seemed bothered by mods either. Think it's a bit sexist they charged me £350 though!

I'll give them a call then, it's a pretty decent price. I want a policy I can add mods to for free as I go along, I know that's what Brentacre offer (I'm with them on my Zee and my T5 before that)

Did they make any stipulations about needing an alarm or tracker?

I'll give them a call then, it's a pretty decent price. I want a policy I can add mods to for free as I go along, I know that's what Brentacre offer (I'm with them on my Zee and my T5 before that)

Did they make any stipulations about needing an alarm or tracker?

No they weren't even fussed about my brand of immobilizer, which I said I didn't know what it was. Also agreed insurance payout value.

Classic insurance is ok as they give you 70% NCD straight away which keeps the price down but remember its non transferable to a non classic vehicle. This means if you run only a classic car for a few years then you lose your NCD for a modern vehicle.

If its an additional car then no probs. :thumbs:

Edited by gsexr

Classic insurance is ok as they give you 70% NCD straight away which keeps the price down but remember its non transferable to a non classic vehicle. This means if you run only a classic car for a few years then you lose your NCD for a modern vehicle.

If its an additional car then no probs. :thumbs:

It is so that's cool, I was just happy I didnt have to transfer some NC across so all good. And no way on earth I want a forth car!!

Footman James wouldn't even quote me because I had too much bhp added lol !!

Went with A-plan in the end. £490 for a pretty all encompassing policy that will let me add modifications without extra costs

Footman James wouldn't even quote me because I had too much bhp added lol !!

Went with A-plan in the end. £490 for a pretty all encompassing policy that will let me add modifications without extra costs

A plan has good review on gtr.co.uk. might try them next year. I think they have a good claims handing team, not that I ever want to use it!!

A Plan were all over me when I had the R33 and were adamant to get my business, Dan is the guy there to talk to.

Although somewhat bizarrely when I got the GT4 and rang him they were not interested at all, and made an excuse that 'looking on Google Maps your road looks a bit narrow' which is fair enough, it was, but that didnt stop them insuring a big wide R33 a couple of month prior.

Hey Guys- loving the GTRs! I've traded up 350z--> 370z last year but now looking the GTR route and everything from 33-34-35 is looking tempting but love the retro-original looks of the 33 and at the prices they are compared to the others they look properly do able.

How do they compare power and handling wise to the 350z? Also, can you disable the 4wd so it's rwd only when needed?

I'd easily say white and midnight purple were the way to go...looking forward to updates ;)

Edited by Siman350z

Hey Guys- loving the GTRs! I've traded up 350z--> 370z last year but now looking the GTR route and everything from 33-34-35 is looking tempting but love the retro-original looks of the 33 and at the prices they are compared to the others they look properly do able.

How do they compare power and handling wise to the 350z? Also, can you disable the 4wd so it's rwd only when needed?

I'd easily say white and midnight purple were the way to go...looking forward to updates ;)

R33 GTRs are rear wheel drive with four wheel when needed, they don't have permanent 4WD. My 33 was white, colour really suits it, especially with the iconic rear lights. :)

They have 4 wheel steering as well, this can be disabled by fitting a ridged lock out bar somewhere in the back.

HICAS system on the GTS-T I had, you can get a Lock Out Bar but it throws up an error light - simply remove the LED to sort ;)

To be honest for day to day driving its fine, it just alters the rear wheels direction by a tiny amount (max circa 5 degrees) to counter loss of control.

• 3 weeks later...

Restick the oil cap label with Nismo the right way up please my OCD can't handle that ;)

Ditch the oil cap and replace it with a genuine nismo one :p

Is it registered yet? I picked mine up on Monday :teeth: been through 2 tanks of fuel already :lol:

• Like 1