Burning Holes In My Pockets

Maddog

The list is getting shorter day by day, Almost time for the wanted Forum, Cash is building up in my safe,,,, but my biggest question ''manual or Auto''

I've always loved manual's although my 320CLK is auto as Mercedes make a @*!# manual box.

Has anyone on here done the paddle shift conversion to their 350z. Is the conversion worth the hassle ?

The list is getting shorter day by day, Almost time for the wanted Forum, Cash is building up in my safe,,,, but my biggest question ''manual or Auto''

I've always loved manual's although my 320CLK is auto as Mercedes make a @*!# manual box.

Has anyone on here done the paddle shift conversion to their 350z. Is the conversion worth the hassle ?

Also would like to know how easy paddle shift kit is to fit as I would like to get that route eventually

No delay with that kit when shifting apparently, that's what I dislike about some paddle shifts

There will be a delay, the slushbox in the auto 350 isn't exactly cutting edge. It may not actually be any longer than the time it takes to shift with a stick, but it will feel like an age as you're not actually doing anything. If you're happy with a slow shift and want a more relaxed drive then it's perfect, but anyone expecting shifts like a DSG or even the new range of ZF boxes will be hugely disappointed I think.

There's no right or wrong answer to the manual or auto question, some people will graduate more to one or the other. Try them both, make up your own mind. :)

• Like 1

Looks easy

http://www.350z-tech...le-shifter.html

I was thinking auto when i got my first zed and was looking at the paddle shifts.

Its also recommended to get a valve body upgrade to speed up shifts.

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/136273-sgp-5at-valve-body-video.html

Stillen and Transgo also do kits.

Iv yet to drive a decent auto with a lightning fast shift, I used to have a Mercedes c220 as a company car and hated the delay with shifting. I looked forward to getting back into the 320d manual I had at the time. Until I was stuck in traffic and I wanted back in the c220 :p

Try the current Sport Automatic 'boxes on the current 1/2 and 3/4 series range, they're utterly brilliant. As close to a dual clutch as you could get, and tbh I was hard pressed to tell the difference. Only on occasion when I was asking it do something stupid like shift down when I was accelerating hard could I trip it up, and that's something you'd never actually do in real driving.

• Like 1

my first Zed was manual and now I own an auto and to be honest wouldn't go back , love both versions but when it comes to fine tuning my driving experience I personally prefer the auto now ....experiencing some of the rattling issues in the past hasn't helped much. :surrender: