Pulsating brakes

Dilly02

Hi Guy's,

Had my 350z for about 6 months now and since I've had it its had sort of like pulsating brakes??? Its like I'm lifting my foot on and off the brakes but I'm not. I don't think it's a warped disc as it doesn't feel as if its coming through the steering. I've checked the pads they are fine but am replacing soon anyway with ferodas. Just curious as to what it could be, has anyone else had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

So I've replaced the pads and even did the discs too, its not as bad but its still there, I'm gonna let the brake pads wear in and see how it goes, if it was the abs would it just be sensor replacement? a

I guessed that if it was a warped disc or lip it would happen every time I used the brakes but it varys sometimes it's fine sometimes it awful.

Edited by Dilly02

Sounds like a faulty ABS sensor, or one of the teeth on the pick up ring is damaged/ broken off.. A competent garage should be able to measure the signal at each wheel station and diagnose on which one the fault lies.

I've just had the same issue- turned out to be the front wheels and not been balanced correctly. Sometimes there was no issue with braking, although some times i had an

'ABS-like' judder. Sometimes the unbalanced wheels counter acted, sometimes they didn't. Cheap fix and all sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure the surface on the hub contact area is extremely clean before you fit the new discs, ive seen so many new discs fitted on hubs that haven't been cleaned properly and you will still have a vibration due to run out because the surface area is not clean. Just removed mine tonight as the previous owner fitted new discs and had brake shudder, the surface area is corroded and not cleaned up hence the vibration. Worth a check!

• Like 1

Make sure the surface on the hub contact area is extremely clean before you fit the new discs, ive seen so many new discs fitted on hubs that haven't been cleaned properly and you will still have a vibration due to run out because the surface area is not clean. Just removed mine tonight as the previous owner fitted new discs and had brake shudder, the surface area is corroded and not cleaned up hence the vibration. Worth a check!

Very good advice there, this is so often overlooked!

• Like 1