under sealing

DAMN driver side window stopped working, no it's not locked, OMW my z experience is becoming a full time job in my first week of ownership.

Don't stress as these things happen with all cars at times. Just unfortunate. You could try a "gentle" thump/tap to see if that helps it start moving again although violence never solves anything apparently. :dry::)

Otherwise try this guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/29731-how-to-fix-your-electric-windows-pdf/

:thumbs:

Elaborate....

Waxoyl is very old technology these days and hasn't changed much since it's inception. There are better products in terms of application, protection, durability, finish, etc, etc. It dries out relatively quickly at which point it flakes off in sheets, it's not airtight in any way, it's a basically just lathering on a black gunk until it falls off which actually becomes a water trap and is counter productive.

The Bilt Hamber Dynax range or Dinitrol is just better in every single way. Bilt Hamber is ideal for home use as it's just so easy to apply providing you can get under the car adequately.

• Like 2

I posted about replacing the brushes in the window motors a while back. I included part numbers for Maplin and also another company. The brushes are easy to replace and my motor is still running fine two & half years later. Cost of brushes = £7 cost of new motor = 25 year mortgage.

How long does a treatment tend to last out of interest? My car has been under sealed by a previous owner and was just wondering when I should think about getting it redone... if that is necessary.

I used to check mine every year and just top up with the brush on stuff if needed

For the OP check around the local 4x4 independant garages as many of those places do it , I've usually done my own but its a messy and time consuming job , spent the time between xmas and new year a few years back doing my Evo 6 much to the wifes displeasure :)