Gunmetal with Carbon Bonnet

Holly

Guest prescience
I have looked but cant seem to find any pictures of Gunmetal Zeds with carbon bonnets ,

Cheers

Why :wacko::wacko:

oh, and welcome :)

Can someone please explain this fetish with carbon to me; it's charcoal, it's coal, it's oil (part of), we're partly made of the stuff, it can be made to look shiny (and wow that looks really cheap :scare: ) and it can be woven (I cant even go there, why and to what possible purpose).

Emperor's clothes to me ;) or DFS :D

I'd go so far as to say that carbon accoutrement is even more of a marketing over engineering triumph than the Ford Orion :lol:

I have looked but cant seem to find any pictures of Gunmetal Zeds with carbon bonnets ,

Cheers

Can someone please explain this fetish with carbon to me; it's charcoal, it's coal, it's oil (part of), we're partly made of the stuff, it can be made to look shiny (and wow that looks really cheap :scare: ) and it can be woven (I cant even go there, why and to what possible purpose).

I'd go so far as to say that carbon accoutrement is even more of a marketing over engineering triumph than the Ford Orion :lol:

not like it then

Cheers

+ 1, but I warn you that I got flamed the last time I expressed such opinions on here. :blush:

Guest prescience

Cheers

+ 1, but I warn you that I got flamed the last time I expressed such opinions on here. :blush:

:lol: hopefully you took no notice though :lol:

Anybody ?

Cheers

If you are looking for vents in your bonnet it can be a good way to go.

But the fit is the problem, not good on most I've seen. I've only seen 2 that I would be happy with on my car.

I quite like carbon fibre as an supplementary colour, it's not exactly cheap or cheap looking.

The carbon bonnet (in my opinion) suits gunmetal better than other zed colours as it is darker and less contrasting. That second pic does look pretty sweet what with the tints and black alloys.

I have a carbon bonnet looks great on black or even red, would not recommend GM I use to have a GM car and would not go down that route if you want to style it, heres my old Z for inspiration :teeth:

350z3-1.jpg

350z6.jpg

but IMO I wouldnt put carbon on it. Its like wearing yellow shoes with a green handbag so Sl114 tells me, it just clashes :lol:

Any time you remove a heavier panel and replace with carbon one makes sense to me, but any time you stick an extra bit on top of an existing panel and add weight then WHY......

Most things on the zed are fairly light already, ie, ally bonnet so unless you are changing things like the doors then cannot see the point.

For the visual effect not sure about it as excessive driving will still lead to pitting of the varnish and soon looks worse than paint.

Pic 2 which GIXXERUK supplied above looks pretty B)

thats because it is a good picture, the lighting makes the bonnet really blend in with the side panels near the windows. The rest of the pics show what horrid car it really is :surrender:

nice save pal :thumbs: