OT: Market Research - MEAT

JoshC

Hi all,

I've come up with a market research survey related to a potential business idea I've had which is in the earliest possible stages, so just trying to gauge if it's something that may be worth taking further. It's just 9 very quick, multiple choice questions to complete if you a few seconds spare. Would be greatly appreciated if you could :)

https://joshc3.typeform.com/to/nqRUkS

Thanks,

Josh

• Like 3

there are places / websites that offer this sort of thing already.... agreed they are labelled as speciality such as muscle foods and as such may not have full market penetration but a few of my non training / gym going friends now use muscle foods a lot

there are places / websites that offer this sort of thing already.... agreed they are labelled as speciality such as muscle foods and as such may not have full market penetration but a few of my non training / gym going friends now use muscle foods a lot

Abel & Cole spring to mind, we use them for our meat.

Cheers for the input guys! Got a good amount of responses already from this site and others!

I appreciate there are similar services available already and I've even used muscle foods myself before and I'm not a typical gym addict so take your point there.

I guess what I didn't allude to originally on the survey (but have edited it now) is that the meats, flavours, seasoning and recipes etc would be designed by various gourmet meat experts. Been in touch with a few locally and would hopefully set it apart from just your standard meat packaged up and delivered to the door. It may not necessarily be a money saver but like with most food subscription deals it's more the luxury/surprise element that attracts people. A way to try new foods and flavours each month I guess. Take 'Graze' for example, you could probably buy the individual snacks they send you a lot cheaper in the Supermarket but it's the novelty of it I guess.

Anyway, will give the survey some time to populate results and asses if it's worth taking it further with a proper business plan :)

Done :thumbs:

Cheers bud! :)

If you did a really good steak it obviously wouldn't have much in the way of seasoning/flavours, so perhaps pair it with a wine instead? I tried this in a french restaurant recently and it was lovely: http://www.hawkshead...497-bobal-2013/

I was actually thinking that I could include recommended wines and beers to partner with each recipe or another route to take if the initial idea was a success would be to actually supply (probably room for some sort of sponsorship with the drink company there).

The more I research this I think it's definitely a business that would appeal to the food connoisseur willing to spend a little extra money/time as opposed to your regular family consuming larger amounts of meat on a daily basis. So maybe nice/exclusive wines would be a viable idea to partner with it :)