Finally .....

Jud1

have some dosh to buy a few nice things for my Z - bless her, waiting all this time .......

I want (need) to buy some 18"alloys , she's a base / bog standard / no frills kinda girl - no brembo's (at the moment) -

Can I just bolt a set of Rays on? (+spacers?) ...25 rear 20 front -or? .../suggestions welcome

I'm looking around at various offerings, but as I don't want to muck it up, safe bet -> Rays - (average 2nd hand sale price is the right kind of budget too)

Open to suggestions though - Have read 19" but also seen people selling as they didnt like the ride / handle and I really don;t want to buy something that messes with the ride / handle / doesnt fit etc etc

Will also put a cat back pipe on her, thinking resonated cobra - open to comments here too - again - the price works well (new) and from what I have read (heard) - it's not a bad place to make an entry.

Any advise gratefully recieved

> Now watching the parts for sale part of the forum like a hawk ...! ;)

Cheers

J

Mine came with 17" wheels so picked up a set of 18" Rays from a forum member for £375 in pretty good nick and legal tyres - popped on 20/25mm spacers and runs fine. The big difference came when I put on MPSS - car then felt planted. So my message would be if you are getting Rays - get a decent set of boots as well - seriously you won't regret it.

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

update:

Rays sorted (with MPSS) - thanks @Tinyflier

Headlights sorted - thanks @Ceejay29 (I've not fitted them yet!!)

Cobra Cat Back (Resonated) ordered - thanks @Chris/Tarmac

Passenger Window Motor - hopefully sorted thanks @hammerz

Spacers and Lower springs to go ...... then, I can start my winter work! :) :)

Cheers

J

• Like 1

Spacers and Lower springs to go ......

Have you priced up lowering springs+fitting vs coilovers+fitting? Coilovers aren't that expensive and will perform much better than OEM + lowering springs. If you're thinking of doing it in future there's little point in paying the fitting twice if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Spacers and Lower springs to go ......

Have you priced up lowering springs+fitting vs coilovers+fitting? Coilovers aren't that expensive and will perform much better than OEM + lowering springs. If you're thinking of doing it in future there's little point in paying the fitting twice if you know what I mean.

Sound advice, thanks ..... performace wise, I can not grumble about the way she handles on OEM - as not my daily (C270CDI is) I find when I drive her, she just amazes me everytime - my thoughts were therfore, cheaper cosmetic / visual stance over improved handle, as long as lowering doesnt impair of course! - fitting isn't an issue /cost as will do it with a couple of pals (who have relevant equip!) .... however, noob I am and advice I will accept - if better to hold off for adjustable coilover / might just do that. BUT if she handles better, I'll go faster ... which means, I'll need to get the brembo brake calipers quicker (on wish required list) ... See what you're doing to me !!!!! hahahahah ..stop that!!!

just occured to me that I heard/read - I will need to change out droplinks if lowering? (>adjustable) - is that regardless of spring or coilover?

Cheers

J

Edited by Jud1

No need to change anything if you drop on springs but will need camber arms for coilys.Springs For example Teins are going to cost circa £150 plus fitting,coilys £1500 plus at least.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Cobra Cat back / resonated now sitting in my garage, thanks to Chris & Rosie @ Tarmac Sportz - great friendly service, and speedy delivery.

Passenger window motor now here too .... .. nearly ready to start dismantling :teeth:

• 5 months later...

and finally, today .... it's all fitted ...

Passenger window goes up and down, I'll be able to tell tonight if the lighting situation has improved (seriously couldn't be any worse)

AND she sounds AMAZING! .... if a little louder than I was expecting (nothing wrong with that)

Next .... Springs, Plenum, and a visit to Horsham Dev for Remap ..... :D .....

Now, would you please stop RAINING!! Grrrr

• Like 1

Excellent :teeth: my windows have been going up and down as well just to hear the exhaust bellow - Pictures please :D

My passenger one was doomed from purchase, had to punch the door card to get it to do anything and then it was anyones guess up or down! - best, don't touch the button.

....... that awesome feeling this morning then, when I opened the door .. window drops .. shut the door ....window closes - ..damn that made me happy, ahhh it's the simple things!!

Then, I fired her up!!! .... HAHAHAHAHAHA .. :teeth: ...

Pictures when it stops raining .... :lol:

Edited by Jud1
  • Like 1

I've got the Cobra resonated on mine, love it. It will quieten down a bit once it gets coked up. The window motors are a tad unreliable, dismantled mine on the drivers side, gave it a good spray (for electronics) and has been good s new ever since.....and that was 2 years ago! :)

What lights did you get by the way?

• Like 1

I've kept the old motor and will see if I can recondition for it happens again moment! :) - ... hope she doesnt quieten down too much! :lol: ..loving it ...

Lights are standard, I got them off a forum member- my nearside had been cracked and badly repaired (prev owner) and the inside was rusting + hazing was really bad ..

I played with US / Aus imports or splicing to fit UK ones and then ... boom a forum member offered me his, straight off a JDM good as new..... B)

That was handy then, good stuff.

I've just bought some 6000k bulbs for mine. Compared to new cars the 350 lights aren't very bright . Mine need restoring so I've booked them in to be polished up with RSV Graphics in Dudley so am hoping they will look like new again.

• Like 1