noob wannabe

Ozz

Hi guys, xStric9x sent me over from another site - said you were a friendly bunch!

I've looked at soooo many cars before decided on the Zed (and I still haven't seen one up close!), from Evos, Supras, S2000. I've recently sold my supra and want a gran tourer thats a bit newer, looks the business and is suitable for daily drive. The Zed ticks all those boxes so its a case of finding the right one now.

My budget is 15k and for that I want around 20k miles or less, Orange or blue and manual. Seems to be a few 04/05 models for that price which is good.

I've been talking to a dealer about this one linky (my favourite so far) and hopefully going to view on Sunday, maybe put a deposit down. I'm off to Canada with work for a week after that so would be nice to come back to a Zed

link2 this one is new on ebay and also quite tempting, if he would go for 15k.

Anyone familiar with HSC cars in Gloucester? He has 6 Zeds there at the moment.

Also, there is a Nissan affiliated dealer near me (Cross Hands), I'm going to check with him but does anyone know if garages like that will service JDM?

So, hello everyone!

:welcome::thumbs:

How about this one:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/284455.htm

There are loads of zeds below your budget if you go for silver or gunmetal :)

I should have added that one, am also quite interested in it and have emailed the owner. Its a base model so no brembos (tho looks like it on the pics) and no Bose I think.

I only really dismissed this one when I saw the JDM at HSC for 15.5k with only 6k on her. This one is UK though, but when you put the two together the JDM dealer is bound to drop to 15k or less but the UKDM owner wasn't willing to drop further than £200.

Any real benefit to going UKDM - £500 more with 16k more miles on her?

As for colour, I would consider black (nice GT4 on ebay now 10k no reserve). I really don't like silver, hated it on Supras which put me off. Gunmetal was my choice colour when I was considering another Supra, but for some reason I just don't like it on the 350z.

:welcome::thumbs:

How about this one:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/284455.htm

There are loads of zeds below your budget if you go for silver or gunmetal :)

I should have added that one, am also quite interested in it and have emailed the owner. Its a base model so no brembos (tho looks like it on the pics) and no Bose I think.

I only really dismissed this one when I saw the JDM at HSC for 15.5k with only 6k on her. This one is UK though, but when you put the two together the JDM dealer is bound to drop to 15k or less but the UKDM owner wasn't willing to drop further than £200.

Any real benefit to going UKDM - £500 more with 16k more miles on her?

As for colour, I would consider black (nice GT4 on ebay now 10k no reserve). I really don't like silver, hated it on Supras which put me off. Gunmetal was my choice colour when I was considering another Supra, but for some reason I just don't like it on the 350z.

As Digsy said, ALL uk cars come with brembo's ;)

As for whether its worth going JDM, thats a hard one. I'm sceptical and would be suspicious of such low mileage on a JDM. Has it been drifting around Tokyo? :scare: Only an inspection of both cars will give you the answer. If all things are correct then the JDM should be in much better condition and the UK will have stone chips to the bonnet.

If it was me, I'd go for the uk car if its in decent condition and has been serviced correctly :thumbs:

:welcome: Hope you enjoy whichever Z you decide on.

Don't worry about going JDM - plenty of information on various threads here, as suggested above. Many of us are very happy with our JDMs and I am quite happy to have mine serviced at my local garage, whom I trust more than a Nissan dealership.

I am swinging round to that UK one now, 22k mileage isn't a lot with the full nissan service history its probably good value.

Just emailed the guy to ask about 'clicking' noises and the condition of the paintwork.

The uk one in that link has done 18800 :blush: 6000 miles a year is very low imo. Plus it has the GT pack etc. :thumbs:

Also the uk is likely to have had a lot of the zed's nigles sorted out by now e.g clicking axles and skipping bose. Someone on here just bought a zed and got a quote for the rear axles and was quoted circa £700 per side plus labour and VAT etc. :scare:

I am swinging round to that UK one now, 22k mileage isn't a lot with the full nissan service history its probably good value.

Just emailed the guy to ask about 'clicking' noises and the condition of the paintwork.

The uk one in that link has done 18800 :blush: 6000 miles a year is very low imo. Plus it has the GT pack etc. :thumbs:

Also the uk is likely to have had a lot of the zed's nigles sorted out by now e.g clicking axles and skipping bose. Someone on here just bought a zed and got a quote for the rear axles and was quoted circa £700 per side plus labour and VAT etc. :scare:

Yup, the more I think about it the more I'm sure its gotta be UK. Paying for the london one bothers me - long way to go to view the car and risky taking cash. I work in london occassionaly so could sort something out maybe.

Yup, the more I think about it the more I'm sure its gotta be UK. Paying for the london one bothers me - long way to go to view the car and risky taking cash. I work in london occassionaly so could sort something out maybe.

I'd ask for some specific photo's, just to be sure that he actually has the car. It shouldn't be a problem for someone who actually wants to sell a car :thumbs:

hello and welcome. Good luck with the search - just be patient and get exactly what you want, don't settle for second best. I had mine imported for me with 5k miles on the clock and it was immaculate - I'm very happy with it. :thumbs:

Be patience is always good advice when looking for any car as their are always more coming up.

My personal view is that UK cars are the safer bet for resale especially with GT Pack but whether difference in spec v. price is worth it is a debate that will run and run. As a relative Z newbie I won't know a tenth of the others in this forum on Zeds.

I'm still in first month of ownership and enjoying the occaisional "play" as well as just going with the traffic flow, car looks great reflecting in those big windows down high streets etc.

I think I'll have a trip to Gloucester this Sunday to look at the import Zeds he has there (HSC Cars). By then I should have the cash needed so if they are comfy and as nice in the flesh then I'll probably offer on the UK orange in London or the orange in Dorset if they are still available.

Or I might talk myself into the import one with 6k whilst I am there ahhhh decisions!!

I've read through the import section, nothing really put me off but servicing could be an issue. The garage offers 3 month warranty which is something I suppose.

I really want the mesh on the dorset one though, Grilltek or something I read somewhere. Doing my head in looking at all these Zeds, need to make my mind up! Driving a PUG 406 HDI at the moment, really missing my Supra.

If your going to Gloucester you should go to the importer I got my immaculate zed from 2 years ago. He is very honest chap & I got a bargain off him at the cheapest price in the whole of autotrader etc. Imports usually have done less mileage & IMO are generally in better condition than UK models.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3409&highlight=american

If your going to Gloucester you should go to the importer I got my immaculate zed from 2 years ago. He is very honest chap & I got a bargain off him at the cheapest price in the whole of autotrader etc. Imports usually have done less mileage & IMO are generally in better condition than UK models.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3409&highlight=american

I was thinking about going to see him as well. For some reason the cars didn't look as good, but if you are recommending him then I'll call in. Cheers for that!

Don't suppose you looked at HSC cars at all? I'm surprised no-one has used him as he appears to have a lot of Zeds.