Weighted shifter

Kharmon

Orderd from Torquen. My new Blox Racing neo chrome shifter.

I was a little skeptical at first as to whever id feel a difference but im happy to say this feels much smoother than standard whilst shifting . I did have to purchase a vms gear boot collar to tidy it all up alsoI did have to drill the hole and re thread it out since the one i liked was for a honda.

post-25568-0-74954400-1445452126_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Used a oil filter removal tool which is like a thick rubber ban on a handle you loop this around the knob it grips it then turn it anti clock wise .It was on very very stiff and did take a mate to sturdy the knob whilst i unturned it with the tool .

How did you remove the OE shifter knob?

• 3 weeks later...

I had one of these before my custom shift knob arrived. Really nice bit of kit.

Stock shift knob was a nightmare to remove - I think it's pot luck depending on how much super glue they've put on the threads at the factory. I also used a strap wrench.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried to get my Nismo shifter fitted at Infiniti this week, they couldn't take the OEM knob off, said they had tried everything but were afraid of doing serious damage. Anyone got any advice on how to do this and whats the worst case scenario, is it just the OEM knob being damaged or is there a chance of some serious problems?

I tried to get my Nismo shifter fitted at Infiniti this week, they couldn't take the OEM knob off, said they had tried everything but were afraid of doing serious damage. Anyone got any advice on how to do this and whats the worst case scenario, is it just the OEM knob being damaged or is there a chance of some serious problems?

Google 'strap wrench.' I couldn't shift mine at all but it came off with the strap wrench.

The OEM knob is fixed on with super glue. The amount used varies from car to car so it's much easier for some than others but a strap wrench should shift it.

• 2 weeks later...