Ready for a 350z

Hi All,

I`m a tried and true Alfa Romeo fan who is about to defect to the other side!

A long time ago I had a 260Z and loved it to bits (literally, as it fell to bits). Unfortunately, or thankfully, I seriously bent it and that was the end of that :blush:

Some years and cars later I found myself with a little more cash and got my current car, an Alfa 156 V6. Lovely car, fantastic cruiser and with good handling and a 'different' look I have been very pleased with it. 225K miles and 6 years pleased with it. Don't believe that all Alfas are unreliable because mine sure isn't, and if anyone was thinking of a 156 - as a second car of course - then I can recommend them.

Anyhow, its time to change the car and I feel like going back to my Z roots. I have always fancied the 350 and am well aware of the various grumbles about it, and the good side - a lot of which is thanks to this forum :) (I was/am a long-time contributor to Alfa forums and strongly believe in sharing the knowledge and help that you accrue as a car owner).

My budget is still down in the 03/04 area and I`ve just been pipped at a local garage which had a reasonable low miler, although with iffy paint and a steer to the left. Probably for the best really.

I`ll be checking through the ads here regularly for suitable cars but although my heart is in a rush, my head isn't quite so keen on spending my savings without finding the right car. The only problem is, I have to have a UK car as I can`t get business cover (25-30K pa) on a Japanese import. It's a shame really as there is more for your money in the imports.

Anyway, I`m pretty handy with the tools (I like to think) so once i`v got my Z I`ll be here a lot to share the mechanical fun of owning one :D

See you around!

Hi All,

I`m a tried and true Alfa Romeo fan who is about to defect to the other side!

A long time ago I had a 260Z and loved it to bits (literally, as it fell to bits). Unfortunately, or thankfully, I seriously bent it and that was the end of that :blush:

Some years and cars later I found myself with a little more cash and got my current car, an Alfa 156 V6. Lovely car, fantastic cruiser and with good handling and a 'different' look I have been very pleased with it. 225K miles and 6 years pleased with it. Don't believe that all Alfas are unreliable because mine sure isn't, and if anyone was thinking of a 156 - as a second car of course - then I can recommend them.

Anyhow, its time to change the car and I feel like going back to my Z roots. I have always fancied the 350 and am well aware of the various grumbles about it, and the good side - a lot of which is thanks to this forum :) (I was/am a long-time contributor to Alfa forums and strongly believe in sharing the knowledge and help that you accrue as a car owner).

My budget is still down in the 03/04 area and I`ve just been pipped at a local garage which had a reasonable low miler, although with iffy paint and a steer to the left. Probably for the best really.

I`ll be checking through the ads here regularly for suitable cars but although my heart is in a rush, my head isn't quite so keen on spending my savings without finding the right car. The only problem is, I have to have a UK car as I can`t get business cover (25-30K pa) on a Japanese import. It's a shame really as there is more for your money in the imports.

Anyway, I`m pretty handy with the tools (I like to think) so once i`v got my Z I`ll be here a lot to share the mechanical fun of owning one :D

See you around!

:welcome::thumbs:

Thanks all. Now it is time to start trawling the for sale section...

If anyone knows an insurance company that will give business miles cover for up to £20K pa (plus 10K pa private miles) on an import without charging the earth then please pm me ;)

BTW Black 260Z isn`t so rare is it? They look lovely.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/821849

edited for clarity :blush:

:welcome: chris and enjoy the forum

Do a search and you'll find what things to look out for. It has been covered many times :)

Not had any grumbles myself with two years ownership. Main thing to look for is clicking rear axle and skipping CD Bose stereo.