370Z Roaster owner since October 2014 - snapped aerial

WillC

Keep the car in my garage since I have owned the car. Just purchased n indoor cover, came within two days which I was very impressed with. Asked the company who supplied it whether thee would be a hole for the aerial ( antenna ) situated on the hood, the reply was no you jus unscrew it when the over is on. Rather than do this each time I took the aerial off to put the cover on an mad a cross cut in the cover in line with the aerial so I would have to take it in and out each time. When I took the aerial off it was very very tight. When I wet to replace it the thread it snapped partially in the base of the aerial. . So I now need to replace the old aerial, but before that I need to get out the snapped off piece of the old aerial. The goo news is the radio still work .Any assistance would be appreciated - Will C

Use a small stud extractor, a bit like a reverse spiral drill bit. Or maybe even superglue a drill bit onto the snapped off piece then use that to twist it out, it shouldn't be in too tight

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Epoxy would give you a better hold on it than superglue but as long as its not overly tight both ways should work.

Another option would be to drill a small hole (say maybe 2mm) down the middle of the snapped part. Then screw in a self tapping screw with a small amount of superglue/epoxy on that.

Once its set hard then unscrew the self tapping screw which should bring out the remaining part of the aerial bolt with it. Bit of a more long winded way of doing Davectr's initial suggestion basically. ;)