Got Caught Speeding

Z-Boy

Hi All

Well I always new it would happen, I got caught doing 68 in 50 zone.

What do people think I will get? I'm hoping for a speed awareness course :teeth:

First time no point, I'm 47 and been driving sine 17 so 30 years clean.

Thanks

Have you heard back from them?

I was caught doing 72mph in a 60mph in a variable speed limit part of the M25 and I was offered a speed awareness course.

(I don't have any idea why it was 60mph!- It was 10pm with no other cars on the road or any roadworks)

Hi All

What do people think I will get? I'm hoping for a speed awareness course :teeth:

Thanks

I was caught doing 72mph in a 60mph in a variable speed limit part of the M25 and I was offered a speed awareness course.

(I don't have any idea why it was 60mph!- It was 10pm with no other cars on the road or any roadworks)

Probably dropped it to 60 so they could nick you!

Hi All

Thanks

Probably dropped it to 60 so they could nick you!

+1, I was nicked doing 85 on the M5 - 11pm at night, nothing else on the road. but apparently even in those conditions the M5/M4 junction needs speed cameras!

When I had my MR2 Turbo I was in the right hand lane overtaking on A4 fairly late in the evening when a car flew up behind me doing 100mph+. I pulled in after passing the car in front and the speeding guy from behind pulled alongside and then slowed to my speed. Annoyingly there was a slowish moving car a distance in front of me in the middle lane so I had the choice, slow down or speed up... obviously in an MR2 Turbo I chose the later option. After flooring it, indicating and pulling out in front of what I affectionately call "The ****" he decides that once I was doing (some speed) it would be a good time to turn on his police lights! He then pulled up along side me as I was pulling over, looked at me, wagged a finger and sped off.

To be honest, there was only one of them in the undercover car so he was probably off duty, but I think my affectionate name for him is appropriate.

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by HaydnH

My littered past includes 94 in 60 on a clear straight road in the middle of nowhere for which I received the option of points and a fine or a months ban, I took the ban and no points. Young and stupid at the time :(

Two for exceeding 30 mph, the first was a justified 35 and I got a SAC option. The second was unjustified at 32 in a 30 coming out of Reading on the 4074 which annoyed me.

Now I stick to the limits rigidly aside from a quick burst every now and then on a clear motorway or an 80ish cruise if there's plenty travelling faster than me.We all do it don't we.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Yeah that's what I thought, it was a few years ago and ironically at the time the road was traffic light controlled due to road works and was down to one lane. So basically I went through the green light at 01:06 am with no traffic and forgot about the camera next to the trench.

Got done doing 36 in a 30 through a static camera I drove through everyday ( don't ask) Never heard anything for a quite a while but they decided they would send through my 3 points on my birthday the bar stewards :lol:

• Like 1

58 in a 40 overtaking on a 40 limit dual carriageway.

Gutted as I has waited about 6 miles for the road to break into two, I should have done him miles back on the single when I had half a chance.

I don't think there was an option for a course back then but i think Hampshire had a 10% + 2mph policy on the course option again that was sometime back I heard that...

Yeah that's what I thought, it was a few years ago and ironically at the time the road was traffic light controlled due to road works and was down to one lane. So basically I went through the green light at 01:06 am with no traffic and forgot about the camera next to the trench.

If you can prove that, there's a guy on PH who will pay your fine for you.