June 2016 Scotland Trip

Wendy

Nic, exactly as others have recently done.

It just means the event will not be officially sanctioned by the forum - Wendy is organising and Wendy is capable of choosing how this proceeds, Graham was, in my view just pointing out the forum line.

Can we get back on topic now ?

• Like 3

Nic, exactly as others have recently done.

It just means the event will not be officially sanctioned by the forum - Wendy is organising and Wendy is capable of choosing how this proceeds, Graham was, in my view just pointing out the forum line.

Can we get back on topic now ?

Here here, that's two Scottish drive threads now that have been derailed by a new member that obviously just seems intent in questioning everything the mods and admin do? This forum might be run differently to others and I for one am glad as it is a fantastic place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by glrnet, September 13, 2015 - refers to a deleted thread
Hidden by glrnet, September 13, 2015 - refers to a deleted thread

Dave,

Not sure I agree with that, any forum should be open to questions and debate, just because someone doesn't agree with another's point of view is no reason to ban people or disparage their views ( friendly banter aside !)

I think if I were Wendy I would start a new thread and let this die !

• Like 1
Dave,

Not sure I agree with that, any forum should be open to questions and debate, just because someone doesn't agree with another's point of view is no reason to ban people or disparage their views ( friendly banter aside !)

Oh yes, I question lots :lol:

But for a relatively new member to start as strongly as fatrab has I can only see it ending that way unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to understand this forum, hopefully he sticks around and enjoys it :thumbs:

Good to see so much interest from the Midlands, this could really help with route planning and lead to a great convoy there and back.

Roll on next June !!!

I think like Wales though, the more cars you get the less fun it will potentially be, all depending on the type of driving you want to do of course ;)

Dave,

Or the mods could clean this one up for us

Wendy has put a fair bit of time into her posts

Not fair for her to type all that out again :)

Dave,

Or the mods could clean this one up for us

Wendy has put a fair bit of time into her posts

Not fair for her to type all that out again :)

we'll wait for Wendy to let us know and go from there👍

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

I agree Dave, you can have too many, which is why Wendy stated she wants a small core and others can join and leave as they choose.

Personally, even 10-12 can be hard to keep together!

We have had 8/9 cars in Wales/Scotland and it has been perfect IMO

A shame this thread has gone a bit awry, the mods have only been pointing out the forum point of view :shrug:

If I do get the chance to come to part of this it would be to meet the guys from England and Wales who iv spoke to loads on here but never met, not so much for the roads

If I didn't have time for a drive Id at least come to one of the stops to meet the members

As Dave has mentioned in the past- people make this for what it is, more so than the cars. I sold the zed 3 years ago but I'm still on here daily

It would be a shame for people in my shoes not to meet forum friends just because we have sold our zeds....

I agree Dave, you can have too many, which is why Wendy stated she wants a small core and others can join and leave as they choose.

Personally, even 10-12 can be hard to keep together!

We have had 8/9 cars in Wales/Scotland and it has been perfect IMO

A shame this thread has gone a bit awry, the mods have only been pointing out the forum point of view :shrug:

Yeah that sort of number and like minded diving driving style is needed to make these things work

I found this in europe this Sumner

To many and its to unpredictable it takes the fun out of it unfortunately

Edited by nissanman312

OMG - Leave you lot alone for 24 hours and look what you have done !! :scare:

Can't be trusted for a minute. :lol:

Can see I will have my hands full on this trip - only joking ! :stir::lol:

Despite the thread running off course for a few pages, there is too much good information here to restart another I feel.

I would be quite happy editing my thread title - can someone please advise me how to do this - as I can't work out how.

One person is enough to explain !!! :lol: :lol:

I agree totally re limiting numbers having done the Wales outing with 10 cars and a Euro trip with 27 - that was mayhem in towns.!!

However, I do not want to put people off, so will have a think about this.

If I can confirm those who are definetely interested in joining this trip it would help greatly. I can then work on what to do should numbers exceed my ideal. Your rough idea of dates or number of days would also help.

So

1/ Wendy - 350Z - Full trip

Edited by Wendy
  • Like 2

OMG - Leave you lot alone for 24 hours and look what you have done !! :scare:

Can't be trusted for a minute. :lol:

Can see I will have my hands full on this trip - only joking ! :stir::lol:

Despite the thread running off course for a few pages, there is too much good information here to restart another I feel.

I would be quite happy editing my thread title - can someone please advise me how to do this - as I can't work out how.

One person is enough to explain !!! :lol: :lol:

I agree totally re limiting numbers having done the Wales outing with 10 cars and a Euro trip with 27 - that was mayhem in towns.!!

However, I do not want to put people off, so will have a think about this.

If I can confirm those who are definetely interested in joining this trip it would help greatly. I can then work on what to do should numbers exceed my ideal. Your rough idea of dates or number of days would also help.

So

I'm sure a mod will be able to delete all the non relevant stuff

As for car numbers, some of the best roads we have driven the last few days have had a lot of single track bits, they have loads of passing places but with lots of cars it would be an issue... like I said before all depends what kind of driving you want to do, but anyone that has done the Wales drives, then for reference this is just on another level altogether :teeth:

I hope you get some genuine interest, if you find a group like ours then you will have a real blast both on and off the roads!

Oh and the food has been top notch too :)

• Like 1

Hi all I have read all had a great start by Wendy I liked the way it was going but went of the rails in the middle so far :lol: but it has not put me of and I would very much like to be considered as this was somthing I liked to do next year but had nobody to go with :( and very much enjoyed the Wales trip last year and plan on coming along next year as this is a local event to me unless it goes down south Wales :lol: bit further but would still go.

any way I hope I could be considered as this would be a great trip..! :yahoo:

Hi all I have read all had a great start by Wendy I liked the way it was going but went of the rails in the middle so far :lol: but it has not put me of and I would very much like to be considered as this was somthing I liked to do next year but had nobody to go with :( and very much enjoyed the Wales trip last year and plan on coming along next year as this is a local event to me unless it goes down south Wales :lol: bit further but would still go.

any way I hope I could be considered as this would be a great trip..! :yahoo:

Add your name to the list above if you want to go Big Miester

Copy and paste, there you go ;)

2 Dave dutch 350z - second half, hopefully full trip dependant on start date

3 The big miester

Have fun all, happy to pass on routes and stopping points from our little trip if you want them, I've totally fallen for Scotland again.