Manifolds / headers..

mr_smith126

A quick couple question to those that have changed theirs..

I'm looking at the stainless DC headers. Don't really want to consider the mild steel coated versions..

- what have people done about heat.. wrapped in heat tape? I heard that in itself can cause issues with causing weld cracking or is that pie in the sky?

- the engine will not be out.. I'm considering getting the garage to swap without looking at the clutch yet.. is this sensible or should I wait till they're doing the clutch for access etc..?

Many thanks.

Done mine in situ, ceramic ones aswell. Knocked them out in 3 hours

I'm pretty sure that hourly figure would go up being a garage though.. although a known one on here..

Still want to head for the stainless route too not the mild steel coated, but haven't come across anyone fitting these as yet and how to deal with the heat (you loose the heat shield right?)..

Edited by mr_smith126

Got abbey to do my ones with the engine in .

DC sport S/S and did not wrap them .

WP_20150716_0011_zpss60qam6a.jpg

I'm looking at the stainless DC headers. Don't really want to consider the mild steel coated versions..

- what have people done about heat.. wrapped in heat tape? I heard that in itself can cause issues with causing weld cracking or is that pie in the sky?

- the engine will not be out.. I'm considering getting the garage to swap without looking at the clutch yet.. is this sensible or should I wait till they're doing the clutch for access etc..?

Many thanks.

It is not a cost effective exhaust upgrade that is true .

I gained 6 BHP and 6 LB/FT peek and 13 LB/FT at 3800 RPM .

Alan

If youre looking for power then the dc ones would be a waste of time and money :)

Youd be much better off with the long tube ones that Torquen do, they can do stainless as well as coated mild

If youre looking for power then the dc ones would be a waste of time and money :)

Youd be much better off with the long tube ones that Torquen do, they can do stainless as well as coated mild

Not really number hunting, although it is something which I will listen to..

Can't really go down the longtube route as i need to be able to swap in cats each year for the m.o.t.

Edited by mr_smith126

Can't really go down the longtube route as i need to be able to swap in cats each year for the m.o.t.

We all have friends for that :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Many thanks.

I assume the heat is not an issue then..?

I still have the oem filter box with upgraded panel filter so that is closed off as much as poss..

Many thanks.

I assume the heat is not an issue then..?

I still have the oem filter box with upgraded panel filter so that is closed off as much as poss..

Heat is not that much more than stock I find as S/S keeps in more heart than mild steel .

Regards

Alan

We all have friends for that :lol: :lol:

local ones..?

;)

We are PPE dealers for the long tube headers.

The only issue is you can't run cats at all after fitting these.

You can order them with 2 different specs of collectors and 2 different materials and I think 3 different coatings.

The DC do give a gain over stock but the PPE's do give a better gain.

Send me a email for costings we can also tune the car after figment as well.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s