HELP - New ENGINE required!!!

Andymac183

For reasons unknown to me, my Z has suddenly lost most of its oil and virtually dried out with no warning lights whatsoever- and the garage reckons it would be most cost effective to get a new lump in it as opposed to fixing it. Crank bearings are just the beginning of my problems...

It's a 2003 model DE. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply me with an engine fit for purpose? The car will drive (for now) so I can get it to someone reasonably close...but it's remaining miles are limited!

Glad of ANY help anyone can offer...I'm desperate!

Cheers Stephen :)

I have just taken in a complete 30,000 mile car to break with a perfect engine. Get in touch for more information.

How much are you looking at to have that swapped into your car. Im not saying i want it, just out of interest :) Edited by Alex350z

Cheers Stephen :)

I have just taken in a complete 30,000 mile car to break with a perfect engine. Get in touch for more information.

How much are you looking at to have that swapped into your car. Im not saying i want it, just out of interest :)

You would be better asking a place like abbey for a price to fit. Or just do it yourself it's surprisingly straight forward

No leak...no patches on the drive...complete mystery as I don't think the DE burns oil as a rule? Regardless, Ewen has hooked me up with a new engine which will hopefully be transplanted in the next couple of weeks!!! I'll try and get pics etc. on here as the work progresses...

• Like 1

Is it because the cars have got cheaper and the young yoofs are exploiting the acceleration and handling.

This constant hard life could be using more oil than usual and it only takes a quick lack of pick up during chucking the car about and its good night vienna.

Just a thought ;)