Standard height updated performance?

martybhoy

Can the above title be done.

I have bilstein b6 shocks on their way as we speak. My thoughts now turn to springs. With the car tipping 90k miles I think it's long overdue some fresh springs.

I had planned on getting the tein springs with minimal drop but since I put my 19" wheels on and I have a mines front lip getting added plus intend to get Tarmac side steps. My work though has speed bumps and I have trouble scraping in most multi storey car parks.

Is there higher performing springs with standard height.

A pic for reference to my current height

87AC0DC7-1BC2-499F-8527-6E3CA1538F64_zpsufnfkbl5.jpg

Edited by martybhoy

Yeah I know about the purchase of bilstein possibly becoming unusable. I purchased when I ran Rays even with a bigger tyre profile gave a larger gap but since I put my 19s on and let the suspension settle I'm not sure the gap in the arches would be enough to drop even small amounts without rubbing and any further issues with body scraping.

That's a good idea about contacting bilstein. I am not overly swayed on coilovers as I see most kits within my budget <£6/700 have mixed reviews.

The majority of speed humps do not worry me, some that my workplace can put in place (work in country parks) can be pretty severe. It was more aimed at the body scraping I think the twins will still be the outcome but just wondering what anyone else has used in a similar situation.

Edited by martybhoy

The majority of speed humps do not worry me, some that my workplace can put in place (work in country parks) can be pretty severe. It was more aimed at the body scraping I think the twins will still be the outcome but just wondering what anyone else has used in a similar situation.

That's my point, the 40/50% I get over get no body work scraping (bumper/Skirts) The other percentage is mainly speed humps which are to high and thing, i.e. can't get my rear wheels on before the front's leave. I don't attempt those.

But I'm retardedly low. So I can promise you you'd be fine with Springs. It's all about how you take a speed bump, I bet there is a speed bump I could get over without scraping, where even a standard ride heighted zed would scrape due to the wrong approach.

• Like 1

That's my point, the 40/50% I get over get no body work scraping (bumper/Skirts) The other percentage is mainly speed humps which are to high and thing, i.e. can't get my rear wheels on before the front's leave. I don't attempt those.

But I'm retardedly low. So I can promise you you'd be fine with Springs. It's all about how you take a speed bump, I bet there is a speed bump I could get over without scraping, where even a standard ride heighted zed would scrape due to the wrong approach.

Yeah I do see your point and as I said the speed bumps aren't a major worry because as you know if you approach them correctly then you can get over them no problem.

When I go into town there's a car park that I need to use and the ramps to each floor are quite steep even coming down I will hit the bumper and this is before my lip is added. Definetly not car friendly in Glasgow. Haha

• Like 1

Yeah I do see your point and as I said the speed bumps aren't a major worry because as you know if you approach them correctly then you can get over them no problem.

When I go into town there's a car park that I need to use and the ramps to each floor are quite steep even coming down I will hit the bumper and this is before my lip is added. Definetly not car friendly in Glasgow. Haha

I second that not car friendly in Glasgow... Often trolley jacks are not used instead of bricks instead.. :p

我從使用 Tapatalk çš„ Nexus 6 發é€

• Like 1