Mini Cooper s coupe

tatooandy67

Decided the time was right to sell my 370 as Mrs tatooandy and I are looking to get a house in the near future, I'll miss my zed but needs must

Found this little beauty at the right price ...... 1.6 turbo, 2 seats and a bucketload of fun wrapped up in a fairly economical but still quite sporty package

B47B3F26-4F62-4AB8-B5F7-2B56D2A6975A_zpswpglvoxf.png

919A71D1-DD60-41E4-9032-B2BC5A3DAC96_zps5vbgtacv.png

8CBD9107-7772-4ACE-843F-288C7A82F907_zpsa7cx6kex.png

So my beloved zed is getting rehomed later today and I'll be picking up my new toy :)

:)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Big shame you had to sell the Z but at least its for the greater good.

Be careful with the Turbo, they can eat oil I hear.

Been doing lots of research (Google etc) the oil usage is mentioned quite often so I'll be sure to keep the level monitored, my zed has given me 2 years of great fun trouble free motoring but as you say 'for the greater good'

It will be worth it when the Mrs and I can get a house, as much as I like my flat I'm longing for a garden and my own drive/garage :)

• Like 1

dont forget the timing chain tensioner.

Any particular reason you've gone for the backwards baseball cap wearing version rather than the more practical hatchback?

They sorted the new tensioner in 2011 so it might have it already. I fitted the new version to my GFs 2008 R56S and it is a lot quieter now.

Any particular reason you've gone for the backwards baseball cap wearing version rather than the more practical hatchback?

Good call on the tensioner I'll find out if it's the later version fitted (fingers x'd it is)

Lol I went for the backwards cap version because as strange as it may sound there seemed more room for the driver (me) and my passenger (Mrs) as the seats can slide back a bit further due to no back seats

Plus after trying both the hatch and the coupe I definitely preferred the coupe and tbf if I'd gone for the hatch I probably wouldn't want people climbing in the back anyway ;)

Edited by tatooandy67

They sorted the new tensioner in 2011 so it might have it already. I fitted the new version to my GFs 2008 R56S and it is a lot quieter now.

Hopefully it's the new version fitted, don't mean to sound daft here but how do I tell if it's the old or new type ?

Totally understand why you've done this Andy, ;) ...well apart from the Mini part. :dry::lol:

Seriously though mate I'm sure it's a good car and once you get a house sorted they'll be plenty of time to step back up to something a bit meaner/faster or whatever you fancy. Good luck with it. :)

• Like 2

My middle daughter had a Cooper S, and my youngest has a cooper Coupe, NONE of them used oil! These are the best toys in their bracket that you could hope to play with, styling, finish and a little bit of performance/attitude.

I'll second that, they're a belting little car in looks and performance

• Like 2

My middle daughter had a Cooper S, and my youngest has a cooper Coupe, NONE of them used oil! These are the best toys in their bracket that you could hope to play with, styling, finish and a little bit of performance/attitude.

Its only the turbo one that uses oil. Supercharged one is fine.

Hopefully it's the new version fitted, don't mean to sound daft here but how do I tell if it's the old or new type ?

N18 Engine came with the new one fitted. 06 to 11 has the N14 Engine.

So as your is 61 its probably best to check the engine code.

This is the longer tensioner if you need it - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d4d59d67a

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

The S that middle daughter had was a 58 plate (that was turbo wasn't it?), she never had to put a drop in it in 4 years, car was serviced at the recommended intervals.

What level of oil use are we talking? 1/2 pint between services?

The S that middle daughter had was a 58 plate (that was turbo wasn't it?), she never had to put a drop in it in 4 years, car was serviced at the recommended intervals.

What level of oil use are we talking? 1/2 pint between services?

Yep 58 is turbo dude. Same engine as the other half's. Oil consumption is probably a litre every 2k.

My mates got a 63 plate and that's just as bad.

Have lots of fun with it buddy and you have a little trap door between the seats to enable long items to be carried. :)

Only been a few days with it but really enjoying it so far, obviously a very different beast to the zed but lots of fun in a different way :)

I clocked the trap door, hoping to get my fishing rods in through it :thumbs:

Ps I'm already looking at exhaust and induction kits ;)

Edited by tatooandy67

exhaust is a good choice, lots of pops and crackles! sounds like a rally car! and a blow off valve for 'tsssh' noises :)

Been looking at forge bov, they seem to have decent reviews,

I've a friend who fabricates custom exhausts so that's definitely coming soon

I thought I'll save some cash when I sold my zed but so far I have several "urgent" must have mods to do before I start saving :lol: