Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

nowhereboy

First off I apologize for starting another thread but I'm in need of a quick answer and I've had no replies for over 24 hours on my other thread.

I've read many good reviews on these tyres but I'm a little curious as too why they are so cheap? seems a little to good to be true. The 265 tyres are cheaper than the 245's which makes no sense to me and I just want to make sure I'm buying the right tyres.

My current rear tyres have loads of tread left, they are sized at 245/45/18, they are currently stretched onto the 9.5J wheels. I'm planning on buying swapping these out to the front and buying some 265/45/18 tyres for the rear.

Can someone just confirm thse are the correct tyres, I'm paranoid about buying the wrong ones :lol:

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-2/265-45-zr18-101y-301325

you know the width of the tyre will also change its rolling diameter, as the profile is a percentage of the width?

a 245/45/R18 tyre has a rolling diameter of 677.7mm

a 265/45/R18 tyre has a rolling diameter of 695.2mm - which is a difference of 2.59%

however, since you're changing the front as well, you shouldn't have problems with the TCS. as long as the rears are rotating at least 2.5% slower than the fronts, you'd be ok.

most people have problems with the TCS when they fit a non staggered square setup - which means the rears rotate exactly the same speed as the fronts, which the TCS interprets as overspeed, or a wheel slipping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So if money wasn't an issue, would you get the Michelin Pilot Super Sport instead?

Im running stock tyres on my Zed from previous owner and I skid and wiggle in every slight corner when its damp/wet, I counter by being in higher gear as possible and gentle acceleration.

Really want to get new tyres as its very unsafe and scary, I heard MPSS are the undisputed best money can buy, and also wear really well, is this true?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So it's time to buy the front tyres and I figured I'd update this thread.

In hindsight 45 profile on a 265 seems a bit overkill for the Z, after driving my friends Z with smaller profile tyres I've realized the handling could be better with a lower profile tyre given the width of my wheels.

So I'm now thinking about trying eagle f1 245/ 40's on the front as it's time to replace them. I'm still running the 265/45 tyres on the rear. Will it be best to just keep the profile at 45 all around and change next time I need tyres or is it ok to run 45 on the rear and 40 up front?

don't think the TCS will mind, the rears will be rotating comfortably slower than the fronts, so that's fine. however will look somewhat funny! how long until the rears need replacing, roughly? if its a long way away that would mean the rears still have a decent amount of tread left, so i'd flog them and buy a new set of 265/40s to match the fronts.