SCOTLAND MEET ?

Jixaman

Hi guys, any meets in Glasgow area upcoming, would be nice to bump into someone when I actually have the Z with me, I mean, to all intents and purposes apart from Alex, you guys don't even know if I really have a Z...

Plus I want a look at the cage in Neils Nismo again...

At Knockhill this Saturday night 6pm - 8pm.

The 350 is permanently abandoned there at the moment, :thumbs: but will be on track, as will the R35.

Get your but over there, grab a helmet and join the fun. :drive1 :drive1 :drive1

Alex. :)

• Like 2

Anyone going to the euro central breakfast meet at the end of month? Be good to see some 350z's and 370's before we buy one! We' ll be there in our ST and its a good meet with plenty of nice eye-car-candy

Il be going upto knockhill on Saturday night aswell so will come and see you.

Are you booked in for some track time ?

Na not this time unfortunately. The exhaust iv got on is far too loud at the moment lol

Noise restrictions are not enforced at Knockhill. ;)

Ok, ahv got all the wee things done ah wanted today so ahm goin up tonight, be there for half 6 - 7... Money says no track though... Wish they did a pay per lap thing so you could go do like two or three just to get out...

Good night last night, conditions were dry except for one short shower and track etiquette was the usual high standard that you always expect and get at a Track Scotland event.

Good to hook up again with Jixaman and his loon and Chubby also put put in a late appearance.

Also saw a black 350 parked up in the paddock.

Never got much time to chat as was busy with pax laps and the 2 hours just flew by but managed to get in 90 laps between the two cars.

The R35 behaved impeccably and managed a 56.2 running on MPSS and Shell V Power in the tank, at 20lbs boost.

Still getting used to the 350 with its new turbos and extra bhp and torque and undecided if it is faster than the R35, there is not much between them at the moment, however once the diff is in the 350 then I think that it will edge it. Last night was running on Toyo 888 and Shell V power in the tank, at circa 20lbs boost.

Both cars spanked the Porsche GT3 RS, but it was very hard work getting past him as it was well driven.

Finally got all my cooling issues sorted, the R35 transmission over temps are a thing of the past as are the soft brake pedal problems and the car just eats up the laps now.

All the 350Z over temp issues are also all sorted, brakes are solid from lap 1 to lap 20, Coolant is well within acceptable tolerances, and the new intercooler is doing a great job.

All in all very pleased with last night.

Now to spend the rest of the the day in the garage carrying out the after track maintenance in preparation for the next one, as 3 track meets within 7 days takes it toll.

Not seen your zed in ages Alex. Still not getting in it with you at the wheel though :lol:

Did I read on another thread that you've got a brz as well?

Yeah mate that is correct, I got it a few years ago and been cocooned ever since as undecided what to do with it, because at the moment I still await more on info on the forced induction STI.

Apologies for not showing up on either of the nights Alex, got caught up in some bathroom decoration plus I'm cream crackered from earlies:(

@Jixaman, last time I was up at Knockers and went for some pass laps with the Auld Yin, I felt as if I'd been rodgered as well :lol: nearly puked when I got out :)

Might try for the next one ;)

Apologies for not showing up on either of the nights Alex, got caught up in some bathroom decoration plus I'm cream crackered from earlies:(

@Jixaman, last time I was up at Knockers and went for some pass laps with the Auld Yin, I felt as if I'd been rodgered as well :lol: nearly puked when I got out :)

Might try for the next one ;)

Was a good night George, pity you could not make it mate, however sounds like you may have to grow a pair. :lol:

There was a Stang out last Wed. but it only managed a few laps before it broke down, he got it running then straight into the catty litter: Only saying :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone fancy the Breakfast Meet at Eurocentral on the 30th August? We'll be there in our Focus ST but we're keen to see as many Zs as possible before we eventually commit to buying one!

post-26467-0-13041100-1439899766_thumb.jpg

post-26467-0-83684400-1439899627_thumb.jpg

post-26467-0-64929600-1439899642_thumb.jpg

Edited by fatrab