BMW ( sorry ! ) Z4M Roadster

Dan

Just bought one this aft and drove it back to site, motorway all the way so not got much to say about it yet but I'll be going out for a play tonight, in the wet :scare:

Will post some comments tommorow, let you know what I think.

Looks the business though....

Went for a play last night, in the rain.

Cruising on the motorway gave me time to play with the stereo, and its very impressive. Have to say its one of the best stereos I've had in a car.

Got plenty of looks aswell, and was heading for 27mpg at a steady 80-90 ish.

Then hit the back roads which I know well, with a couple of decent straights where I could take it to the red line in 2nd and 3rd. At first I wasn't too impressed, and I remember thinking the same a couple of summers ago when I got the M3 Convertible ( same engine ). But then I got to 5500rpm and let it keep pulling to the redline at 7500rpm and it was a totally different story. Ok, this thing is quick. Actually it's very quick, so quick in fact the traction control light was flashing in 3rd at about 6500rpm in a straight line, and the tyres are very fresh and at the correct pressures so it's really no slouch. The difference between this and the M3 is very marked, so it must be down to the weight. It's a serious tool when you let it rev.

Handling wise its a total gem. The traction control steps in right away and you really can't get into trouble unless you totally **** up an entry. I dared to switch the TC off for a couple of slow second gear corners ( I'm not that brave LOL ) and the tail was very easy to push out and hold on the throttle.

The sports seats are briliant, if a little narrow but thats probably more my fault than theirs LOL. And they are red leather, so very slutty LOL

In summary, I love it.

I've had a lot of cars, and some very good ones, but had started to become a little bit blase. Not any more !

I really must keep this one for a while and take it round the highlands for a good thrash.

Proper car :thumbs:

Nice write-up Dan. I must admit I have considered a coupe in the past as a repalcement for the Zed but then went off the idea, but you've renewed my interest.

I would say anyone who likes the Zed would like one of these.

Very similar in nature.

Nice write-up Dan. I must admit I have considered a coupe in the past as a repalcement for the Zed but then went off the idea, but you've renewed my interest.

I would say anyone who likes the Zed would like one of these.

Very similar in nature.

I do like these. Now that we have met, and are now lifelong friends, £20k? :D

I do like these. Now that we have met, and are now lifelong friends, £20k? :D

LOL, nobody is THAT good a friend, not even the ones who keep me warm at nights LOL

And before anyone starts, I mean GIRLS B)

£21k and I'll rub your tummy :D

id pay the rest just to see that! :lol:

do you let your staff take home the cars?

Any jobs? :teeth:

LOL my sales manager has a company car but the others walk, except for the pretty 17 year old receptionist who seems to get a lift home off the boss for some strange reason :p