George's Red 350z

GeorgeW

A couple of little bits done to the car this week, after I lost the rear emblem, I was in two minds to attempt to fill the two holes in and have it clean, but decided against it. I was never a fan of the burgers so looked for something different. I ended up with a 'Nismo' badge, I thought I had enough Nismo parts on the car to qualify as well! I really like it.

image_zpsjwjtulig.jpeg

The next is a marmite thing, the sun strip I spoke about in another thread. I am a fan of vinyls, neons etc. And I think from people's opinions this falls under that category. Again, it's a Nismo one so at least doesn't say 'lush' or something like that.

image_zps3eteq9d6.jpeg

Black v stripes on the bonnet in the grooves, black the front splitter and paint the wheels. :)

Should you wish to take it even further you could carry the black splitter theme along the skirts and rear skirt, then black the top blade on the rear spoiler..

Edited by veilside z

Cars looking great really liking that front lip in the pic above.

If your painting handles should def do what I done paint the handles same colour as car then the part of the handle that comes out make that black would look smart on yours I think.

Only a tiny bit massively useful update. I went to do the 'penny mod' on the boot after being fed up with needing to use two hands, and it turns out my boot was had one broken Spring, and the other was missing completely! Then the search began to find new ones, £40! No way..

So I went looking for a zed being broken and split on eBay, and bagged myself two complete sets for £12 posted for the two! They arrived today and viola - a working boot!

Next fix needs to the passenger window, but I'll need good weather for that..

Hi mate, yes it is half done. The next bits are red radiator hoses, and a set of red wire conduit, and eventually a polished plenum, core strut and slam panel...and hood dampers..

I am also going to spray the strut bar, or replace it, not sure yet

This photo was the other day before an external clean (so excuse the matt pink bumper, thats road spray!) and I have never actually cleaned the engine bay. I bought some degreaser and blackner to have a go at the weekend if I have time. If you look at other bays, just having clean black parts makes a huge difference!

IMG_1619_zpsqidnuyuh.jpg

• Like 1

The engine bay had a degrease and wipe down yesterday for the first time - what a difference it makes to the blacks!

bay1_zpssynemtqd.jpg

I was planning to spray the plenum black but failed to get it off before nightfall, so its a weekend job now

• Like 1

cheers mate. Too be honest that was the plan, but I am planning to not have any chrome in the bay now, and have black and red. So they are getting sprayed black :) I need to decide on the strut as well. Either red on the bar and black brackets, or the other way around

Here's my bay. Used to be polished but changed it. Cost depends on what you have done. Ricey at Revolve Autootive on here did mine. Think it cost £250 ish for the lot.

Polished

c5ca549a-eeee-4a04-b151-04de709d05fd_zpsdb8a6b15.jpg

Hydrodippeed

core%20brace%203_zpskbv8xsdb.jpg

Battery%20cover_zpsqpuhzeaj.jpg

It does look good, but too be honest its not really my thing. Turns out there is a hydrodipper just down from us at work, 'hydrographics' but im not sure what would suit my car. Also I am not planning to put much money into the bay, as I don't ever see it! Hense why just spraying stuff to blend in is probably a better option, for the cost of a can of paint.

• Like 1

well the carbon hood arrived yesterday, so was put on last night. I got it cheap due to the 'sun bleaching' it has. I did a bit of research into refurbishing it and decided to risk buying it and using 'meguiars scratchX 2.0'.

I am glad I did, as I did a quick test with the scratchX whilst I was waiting for the second pair of hands to show up, and couldn't believe how easy it was to do! I was expecting a days work and a lot of sweat and blisters to get it to shine, but after 10 minutes I have managed about 1/5th of the hood. All that needs then is a good polish and wax, and it will look good as new. what a bargain!

I have taken the painted eyelids off, which have sold. And have yet to put on my new carbon ones - that will bring back that aggressive front end which was there before.

I also like how you can see the red of the engine bay through the vents :)

IMG_1785_zpssqjexli4.jpg

I attempted a shot of the scratchX work, but it didnt come out very well. Probably the grey sky.

IMG_1786_zpsstlsvr9w.jpg

my excuse for a dirty car this time is the road to our house is blocked, meaning I can only get to work via a dirty flooded farm road!

Edited by GeorgeW
  • Like 1

Perhaps some sort of UV sealant on top, after you put in that shift refurbing it?

Well I wondered that but didn't know if you could do it yourself

You can get a variety of things for DIY or, if you've got the spare cash, get a pro-detailer on the job. I've never used a pro (ooo err) but there's traders on here who I'm sure could take it on or advise. I'd be tempted to have crack myself with something from Gtechniq, they're not the easiest to work with and require some cleaning and prep but should give you some protection from UV and maybe even a small stone chip or too. Things like:

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/c1-crystal-lacquer

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c2-liquid-crystal

I've only ever used their products on glass and my yet to be fitted polished plenum. I'm assuming your bonnet has a clearcoat on it, so don't see why it's not just the same as paint. With the current enthusiasm for these crystal/glass/ceramic sealants there's plenty of options.

Don't take my word for it though, I'm still learning. Have a search or post up a thread in the detailing section and you'll get some advice from the more experienced members.

The eyelids are on. They took a bit of bending to get the right shape for the lights. But now they are on the car looks more aggressive again. You can see the area to the right where I had a go at cleaning up, I am going to hopefully pick up dads machine polisher today so that will cut the elbow grease (and most importantly time) out of the equation

image_zpszpvwsebu.jpeg