George's Red 350z

GeorgeW

• 2 weeks later...

water + power steering + coolant bottles are now black, and the strut brace is chilli red. only thing left to do is collect my plenum spacer on my birthday next week and spray the upper plenum black and the bay is done!

IMG_2145_zpssni9nqcs.jpg

It has been a productive day today, my birthday on Tuesday saw the arrival of a snow lance from my partner, and a plenum spacer from my family - not that they understand what it is! The plenum spacer was put on yesterday. I am so relieved you can't see the orange gasket - it would clash with the rest of the bay!

IMG_2239_zpsvcg514fu.jpg

whilst it was apart I decided to go ahead and spray the top plenum and throttle body black. I also ordered bonnet dampers which I put on as soon as they arrived this morning, since the misses is out for the day, fare play, the dampers make it look much more professional, and are fun to use!

IMG_2251_zps3exfht1c.jpg

I also did another much needed car job, I finally fixed the passenger window! This stopped working the week I got the zed, and have been avoiding taking the door apart, but with the house free to myself and the wedding less than 50 days away, I needed to do it. I followed a 'how too' on this forum and it was amazing, as suggested all the motor needed was a good clean with electrical contact cleaner. I reset it and its all working as it should - including the little auto shut/open with the door. I even managed to retrieve 3 bolts from inside the door! success :)

• Like 2