Eibach arb

Bodyboarder81

Had whitelines on my 350 front and back. On the hardest setting there was a frankly dangerous lack of grip, on the softest it was enough to make driving at 50mph a lot of fun.

I have heard that on the hardest settings it's just to stiff for the road ..... But just wanted to actually know if anyone had tried / done it .

I run my Eibachs on the 350 Roadster on the hardest setting and it is well planted. :#1:

You really do have to suck and see, however I always advise peeps to start with the middle setting for road use.

Alex ....in what way does it make it better/ worse for road use ?

Also I'm on tein springs / bilstein dampers ..... Do you think I require adjustable links ?

Cheers

Edited by Bodyboarder81

http://store.uucmoto...aybar_setup.htm

Open the PDF in this link for your drop link answer: http://www.powergridinc.com/swaybar.asp

I've been thinking of playing with mine a ltitle so thanks for this

I don't supose you know if there's a minimum drop you can go without changing camber arms etc or is it a must when lowering at all

http://store.uucmoto...aybar_setup.htm

Open the PDF in this link for your drop link answer: http://www.powergridinc.com/swaybar.asp

I've been thinking of playing with mine a ltitle so thanks for this

I don't supose you know if there's a minimum drop you can go without changing camber arms etc or is it a must when lowering at all

It's around the 20mm mark .... After that new arms are needed from all my readings .

• Like 1

As you know I'm running tein springs ( about 15-20mm drop ) and bilstein damper ... Really good set up for the road ...probably to soft for track .... But that's why I want to play with the arb settings to reduce the lean in the corner and initial turn in . I'm with in factory Alighnment settings with this setup , so no camber arms needed . .......I will await Adrian's comments about his coilovers .... Just not worth it for me

If you run Tein springs then you should not require additional correction arms, however fitting Eibach and you will be borderline which can become quite expensive for decent stuff.

so could you fit coils and get away with it ?

or would you stick with springs ? like i say im only after minimal drop its better handling id be doing for rather than looks

Providing you choose your coils carefully and you do not have a big drop then all will be well.

However some coils have a minimum drop which will take you out of the comfort zone..

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 1

You need this you need that lol here he comes I can here him lol

I always thought it was the other way round for both of you: "don't waste your money on that, you don't need it... same of the other part, you don't really need it!"...

Ungrateful old gits! :lol:

Edited by octet@TORQEN
  • Like 2

As you know I'm running tein springs ( about 15-20mm drop ) and bilstein damper ... Really good set up for the road ...probably to soft for track .... But that's why I want to play with the arb settings to reduce the lean in the corner and initial turn in . I'm with in factory Alighnment settings with this setup

As you know, we're running the same set up, although I have the front driftwork's upper camber arms but also currently set to factory alignment settings.

I'm due to go back to Wheels in Motion to have the geo adjusted for my needs which, similar to you is to have sharper turn in, a little less roll would be nice but I've not tried playing with the Eibach bars yet (it's set as Adrian has posted).

• Like 2

I might well be going for some coilover soon now ! Not had a chance to play around with my Arb set up , just have them set up as Adrian's picture . Just got used to it now and want even less roll now !!

I'd try a different spring personally.

The guys in the States like the linear Swift R ones, which Adrian can supply (naturally :teeth:),

As I find it's the small bit of progression which is possibly the lean in the Teins.