Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Maybe he`s still out driving it
  2. Good point about them being easy pickings, but Idon`t think a black sack is going to deter a thief, if the car is outside perhaps steely`s or a spare set of wheels would be a better option
  3. To be fair it`s not all about numbers, it`s how you drive the car & how well the map suits your driving style. If you love the revs get a 313 with the higher rev limit out the box & a bit more top end power, if your one to use the whole rev range stick with a 276 & get an UPREV. I`ve driven numerous of all 3 variants, modded & un modded including numerous 370`z modded & un modded. Unless they are boosted or running nitrous theres bugger all difference on the road. Have a feeling I may have just opened a big can or worms
  4. Had mine on since May, does a great job, not a hint of oil in the return line when I put the \Cosworth plenum the other week
  5. Not been doing much with the zed recently, I have a broken vectra & a new hobby
  6. It`s pretty straight forward pbomb so long as you have 4 stands & a trolley jack (preferably a low entry one) I normally do the front first, jacking from the front subframe each side & place the axle stands with a piece of carpet on under the normal jacking points then jack the rear from the diff & place the axle stands under the normal jacking ponts. Remember to loosen wheel nuts before jacking though Dont do it like this though
  7. I may be wrong, I`m sure he will be along in the morning
  8. Did I take you in the Mazda or the zed? I have alot more power in the zed now which equals alot more SMOKE!!!!
  9. I believe Ebized only had a 276 & a 296 then the 370z I on the other hand went from 276 to 436 Both your Zeds go/went well Will
  10. Perhaps the airfield will be a better option for a Shake down, make sure everything is properly back together, wouldn`t want to put it in the tyres after all the hard work, sweat blood & tears you have put in I am a little biased as I`m due a new set of tyres Will knows what happens with me & airfields
  11. A little birdie told me of this thread I could be interested Chris, not driven Castle Coombe before
  12. Who was the trader if you don't mind me asking? I've recently bought a vectra from a trader which had an underlying problem & after some investigation found that this is certainly not the first dodgy car the guy has sold.
  13. Could be a split vacuum hose or air leak somewhere
  14. Yes could well be a leaky plug,
  15. ^^^ I sincerely hope it`s not anything serious & I`m not in anyway trying to scare monger or diagnose the problem as a bend conrod, It could be any number of things from a fuel damper, a buggered lifter (not sure if the Vq`s have hydraulic lifters), slack timing chain, failed oil pump or a bouncy ball in the rocker cover. Either way it doesn`t sound good & I personally wouldn`t be driving/running the car
  16. Sounds a bit like my old Audi which was 2 bent conrods Hope you can get to the bottom of it. I it were mine I don`t think I`d be driving it back to the trader
  17. Here you go, the only pins as shown that should make a ground on the A/c plug & combination meter plug
  18. Get a multimeter, unplug the multiplugs on speedo, stereo & white box, check the continuity between each pin & ground, work out which coloured wires make a ground then cross reference with a wiring diagram : simples PM me your e-mail if you require a wiring diagram
  19. It`s known as a BENNET **** up
  20. I think he`s running a MAP sensor with the Haltech, I`m sure Chris can confirm................ Also he forgot to mention the underbody painting & zedshed sticker
  21. Welcome along, If your handy with a spanner the Zed is pretty straight forward to work on/mod. Some of us do things from changing brake pads in our garages to SC builds viewtopic.php?f=176&t=55095&start=30 Then theres this fella down south who has a collection of zeds all mixed up to make 2 viewtopic.php?f=176&t=54567 they are Generally reliable as long as there well maintained
  22. Learn how to drive
  23. The zeds have a double cone synchronizer on 1st & 2nd which is probably why it`s a little trickier driving smoothly in these gears, also if your dmf is tired it won`t help matters. My dmf has been shot for about 20k but I can still drive the car smoothly
  24. Yes it is a very close match, I have done mine with fantastic results, would recommend removing the seats, masking up & spraying for the best finish
×
×
  • Create New...