Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. What are the words I'm looking for? O Yes NOS I need NOS!!!!!!!! Hope you can make it - not doing anything to mine before we go I need a clutch & flywheel
  2. I`m really hoping to make this, should be a good day, Hopefully my new plenum will make up for the R888`s Chris run`s ontrack
  3. Wow excellent price Tarmac Drayvn-- What exhaust setup do you have at the moment?
  4. Nice one Chris, I really hope I can come along to the next one later in the Month. I always keep a space belt in the boot, along with a couple of sockets/spanners I know it`s extra weight but it can save your ass sometimes
  5. Best get my clutch swapped over within the next couple of weeks
  6. PM me more info please Chris,
  7. As Chris said
  8. On a second thought the pcv valve is a one way valve, easy to check if it`s working, with the engine switched off just pull the pipe off (plenum end) & see if you can suck air through it...... If you can suck & not blow it`s working (insert pun here)
  9. A long shot, you would need an increase in crank case pressure to make constant blue smoke, you could try a catch can to see if it reduces it. but could end up covering up a more serious problem http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/small-oil-cat ... 2321c155a1 I installed mine when going SC, I used to get a small amount of blue smoke on cold startup but none when running the car hot or hard. After the catch can installation & a plenum clean I never have any blue smoke, just a little black (fuel) when near the limiter & 400 odd hp
  10. +1 The Stillen is a Roots type SC, this is what gives a SC a distinctive whine, Others like the hks & Vortech are centrifugal (like a turbo) do not really give any whine, the only real noise comes from the blow off. When I put a baffled pipe on my blow off valve the SC operation was nigh on silent
  11. He's just showing off cause it took me 10 months to do mine 10hp per hour for me
  12. Cost me nothing, was a favour Thats why it`s so shiny then Looks good with the silver
  13. Any update on the diagnosis of the problem?
  14. We should get Pete & Kev along to SC Zed shootout, loser gets to fill them all up @ the end
  15. The empty bit was a joke My level worked fine, it just emptied tanks of fuel at an alarming rate Yes I can do a 1/4 tank in 15minutes on a good day Is that what you get or what the trip shows? I managed 18 mpg on the drive back from AME yesterday No I don`t get 31 When we done Wales in May I avg 27 on the way up, & 23 thoughout the entire weekend. Since then I havn`t bothered working it out, Just fill it up when it needs it
  16. The level sensor in the tank is very delicate. Ian you probably knocked yours when doing the pump or frs, mine works just fine.
  17. Plus the range will be out, when I fill my tank the range claims over 700 miles sometimes My average since I`ve been SC`d is 31mpg Running 600cc on mine
  18. Now this is clearly a willy extension You win @ top trumps though Pete, it`s a Pump so not quite a semi but great fun.
  19. I could had a Nismo sticker made up for less than £3
  20. But are you talking about just the engine or summarising the engine, body & interior upgrades as a package?
  21. Only 1, there is a hose between the 2 rocker covers, then I have fitted the catch can on the outlet on the drivers side rocker cover between the rocker cover & the plenum. The other outlet on the rear of the passenger side rocker is fitted with a mini k&N filter
  22. Not been doing much with the zed recently, I have a broken vectra & a new hobby Well I had a problem with the shed vectra, It was cutting out when idling (when hot) finally got to the bottom of it, a broken clip on a wiring loom on the fuel pressure loom, then decided to get the injectors out for ultrasonic cleaning as it was a little lumpy under acceleration, which meant removing rocker covers, fuel rails & inlet manifold to remove the 6 injectors. & in the heist of it all managed to drop a tiny washer/nut into the combustion chamber so after hours of trying to get the bloody thing out resorted to removing 1 of the heads & damaging one of the head gaskets ********* & the new hobby is almost as fun as driving
  23. In the mean time read this viewtopic.php?f=176&t=54567
  24. Ideally keep the car on level ground, btw the front wheels only stop the car from rolling when you have you foot on the brake I have a set of rays you could borrow if your willing to collect & return to ME7 3** (hempstead, Kent) but I`m sure there are a few lads nearer you that could help out
  25. There is a breather pipe that connects from the rocker covers to the inlet manifold. the vacuum made from the engine pulls oil vapour from the rocker covers into the inlet manifold. It then makes it`s way into the combustion chamber where it is burn`t off. When running FI you can quite often see a slight increase in crankcase pressure resulting in more oil vapour being pulled into the inlet manifold. A catch can does what it says on the box, it catches the oil exactly the same way a water separator does & stops the oil being sucked into your inlet manifold, keeping it nice & clean
×
×
  • Create New...