docwra
Members-
Posts
4,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by docwra
-
Is there a family living in that arch gap??
-
Did you not find it a bit slow compared the Zed?
-
A car in build that i'm sure most of you will like!
docwra replied to Peak 370's topic in Other Cars
My good friend Ken has a 700hp Procharged LS2 in about 1100KG, its more than adequate shall we say ........ -
Strong skills that man, car and flying kick.
-
Three pages and nothing from Rauh Welt yet??
-
Thats good advice actually, axle tramp is worse when dumping from full rpm's, youre better off around 4-5K in my experience
-
Just do a massive burnout when you fit new tyres, problem solved
-
I only have enough clothes to last two weeks, so packing is easy - open drawers/cupboards, empty contents, do up bag.
-
My business partner had a 1.9 JTD and it was really good - nice to drive, reliable and soooo beautiful, inside and out. The 2.4 engine is a winner too, I say go for it and stand out from the Mondeo crowd
-
:lol: Somebody stop this guy, he's killing me :lol:
-
Noise: Front heavy? Seriously? Theres nothing wrong with them, they just arent as much fun to drive fast due to the way they deliver power.
-
It is possibly to run without a MAF as I did on my old Impreza but I believe you would need an upgrade ECU to do this which is what I had. I would imagine it's highly unlikely your Zed is MAF-less tbh though. Do you have any pictures? You would have had a MAP sensor then, its not possible to run a modern engine without some kind of air metering ............ unless you unplug the thing of course. If the car is still "pinking" with it unplugged then its not pinking at all. For the third and final time
-
Changing gear all the time, lower rev limit means less visceral experience, less engine character, worse noises. They tend to rev slower and have much "heavier" characteristics as well so arent quite as rewarding in my experience. Bear in mind the petrol engine version of the 335d still has 320hp and 414 lb/ft ......... but sounds excellent and revs much harder
-
Not if its just misreading, no. Interestingly enough MAF/AFM faults dont always appear on OBDII either.
-
Get it to a Rolling Road and put it on some rollers with a Air/Fuel curve .......... Ill give you £20 if its pinking Heat makes air thinner so theres less chance of running lean, it should be worse when its cold, it would also be worse when on full throttle than anything less. Have you tried unplugging the AFM like suggested last time?
-
At least it wasn't on camera, eh Dan? Ive actually found that the last few days Ive been to havent minded a bit of slidey slidey, TBF after discussions with marshalls it comes down to whether they think you know what youre doing or not. Dont know how I got away with it then ........
-
It will obviously want to go more sideways with a welder, but the predictably under braking and acceleration outweighed that for me. Actually, what am I saying, I love going sideways as much as possible so it didnt even come into it
-
I found the suspension isnt bad but the standard open diff (youve got a 328, right?) was shithouse, and M3 LSD is a worthy purchase but not cheap, I ended up welding mine and it was a lot better Should be pretty close between the Mr2 and the Bimmer though, looking forward to vids
-
Ever seen a car and thought...never thought they were that quick!
docwra replied to Peak 370's topic in Other Cars
What will it top out at? If the gearing is that low (0-100 in 6.7 is pretty short) then I imagine youd be flat out well before the 1/4 mark ........... Quick bit of investigation shows an R500 Superlight will do 0-100 in 7.0s and less than 200m, quarter comes up in 11.58 @ 119mph when top speed is 150 - that sounds like a long top gear to me -
Got a couple of (fast) mates with Clios that do trackdays with us, at least 3 times they have had to let me come past in the Zed then follow on the bumper so the M3/Porsche/whatever in front of them will actually let them through, ridiculous really. At Anglesey (only place Ive had both cars at the same time) I was braking later in my MR2 than I was in the 350Z, weight > massive discs, expensive pads and braided lines
-
I think he is confusing you with me, I said I was considering it as a daily. Ive got good legs (so they tell me) but I think thats probably where the similarities end
-
Ever seen a car and thought...never thought they were that quick!
docwra replied to Peak 370's topic in Other Cars
Everyone was passing me yesterday it seems What were you driving, not a red Z33 was it? I enjoy handing peoples arses to them more TBF ....... the Gallardo vs Evo encounter was a fun one 0-60 means nothing these days, its about quarters: 2012 Corsa VXR: 15.0 2012 Astra VXR: 14.1 350Z (DE): 13.9 350Z (HR): 13.5 370Z: 13.5 Golf R: 13.5 Audi S1 (400m): 14.3 A45 AMG: 12.9 And for laughs ........... 2014 Cayman S: 12.9 2007 Cayman S: 13.2 2005 996 C2: 13.6 2014 M235i: 12.9 1993 Jag XKR: 15.0 2010 Jaguar XKR: 13.0 VX220 Turbot: 13.6 2013 GTR: 11.2 And finally ......... 2014 Caterham R500: 11.4 -
Aye, they are all metal and about 70mm wider than standard, the wheels are ridiculous spec, with the 25mm spacers they are effective 10J ET -42 front and 11.5J ET -15 on the rear. You can see how much wider by where the original front and rear bumpers used to finish up, those vents on the rear were the outside edge to start with If anyone wants to buy it, let me know
-
Ever seen a car and thought...never thought they were that quick!
docwra replied to Peak 370's topic in Other Cars
Had one hand my arse to me in the 306 the other day, as Ekona says in gear looked pretty impressive I also had a Corsa VXR hand my arse to me in the Zed yesterday but Im not opening that can of worms again -
No, kinda considering it but then considering selling it as well so a bit pointless spending money on the rims. Interesting you ask though, have you been speaking to Will@Streetoptions who suggested exactly the same thing?