Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. docwra

    2 Owners?

    Hang on ........ this is the guy with the Scoupe before, right? Are you actually just a keyboard test engineer as your words to action ratio is similar to that of a deserted library
  2. docwra

    2 Owners?

    Anything other than a 350Z, basically. After all that (looking at an overpriced, underserviced car with some dubious aspects that the entire club told you to walk away from) you turned it down because it had an exhaust fitted? Man, Id love to have been present when you decided to buy your first house, or get married just to see the undoubtedly chaotic process that was applied in the decision
  3. docwra

    s14 wheels

    I dont but I doubt it TBH.
  4. Yes. If you dont, tell me where it is so I can I also have an import and its great, nothing to worry about at all (and seeing 270 on the clock is quite cool)
  5. If it wobbles at specific speed then its 99% going to be balancing. Alignment/tracking will cause wobble over a range of speeds, it could be a buckle but youd feel that all the time, moreso at low speed and if they arent done up properly then the wobble tends to be accompanied by a clunking noise ....... if you ignore that then it becomes a noise akin to a brake disc sliding down a road with a 350Z attached Best bet is just to go to a tyre place and get them to balance them up, it wont hurt anyway and will probably sort the wobble straight off
  6. Is a 30K GTR only going to be worth £22K in 2 years? Or £14K in 4 years? Take that figure out and they dont strike me as a bad bet at all.
  7. Ive seen guys in tyre vans fit 225's to 10J's and anything up to 345's without problems, theres no excuse for that. I had a similar problem with mine once, I got them to pay for the cost of refurb as it was only rim damage but if Im honest I think yours are past it, the holes are something Ive never seen before Gutted for you man, really I am
  8. My brother (32) is trying an XFS atm in place of his E Class and although its lovely he really needs to be another 20 years older I reckon Keep us updated with how you get on with the Cayman, it strikes me as one of the obvious upgrades for those of us that continue to avoid having kids
  9. Some of the numbers being quoted here sound a little optimistic if I might say ......... BTW, you arent "thenoname" anymore dude
  10. Where do you live? Find a local drifter with some spares (I have about 30ish wheels that would fit a Zed) and borrow 4
  11. Weird forum this sometimes, we all have "drivers cars", he was asking about two of the best drivers cars you can buy and half the replies are about what people would think of you and whether youd be let out of junctions Id have personally said try both and see what you think As a weekend car the Cayman is the better choice for me, you really need to consider IS-F, XFR and C63 up against the Bimmer as well though
  12. That looks fair savage does that. I think I might see if I can blag a drive next week, see whether driving fun can overcome lack of powers.
  13. Salesmen are trained on watches and shoes, I know as Ive done it
  14. Sounds like you need a proper auto electrician to go through the system and find the fault, you could be stabbing away at it for months otherwise.
  15. docwra

    slip light

    If you buy a Micra, youll save fuel too ........ If the slip light is coming on all the time then the car isnt right - when I had proper tyre sizes on I was surprised at how much abuse it needed to flash up. If you are happy only being able to drive you car to 60, maybe 70% of what it can actually do then Im at a bit of a loss as to why you would buy one in the first place Ive got stupid sized wheels on and it took me about 3 minutes to permanently disable the VDC as it was totally destroying the enjoyment of the car, Id strongly recommend either running the right sizes or doing the same, or you are robbing yourself at the end of the day.
  16. So to sum up, different dealers are different, and its best to call at least 2 hours in advance and not to look a tramp. TBH, I dont know what the difficulty is in phoning and telling them you want a drive and asking when that would be possible is ............ parajack, I bet if you phoned whatever dealer it was now and told them youd like to drive a 370 in 3 hours or so they would be more than happy to let you
  17. Its a good ad on how strong the rear suspension is on a 350Z, and to actually have some element of skill present before you try it
  18. Careful with your words ! My wife is in estate agency and I don't feel that she comes under your ignorant description. Hes hardly insulting your wife though, is he? We all know it, recruitment consultants , used car salesmen and estate agents have the worst reputation and theres generally no smoke without fire. The common theme? None of them need any training and have very little, if any regulation.
  19. Its a secondhand garage place run by a sweaty man with moustache. Drive out your front door, turn right towards the 5 wayts roundabout and its just there
  20. docwra

    Spacers

    So are mine, buying ridiculous wheels that dont fit properly is just as bad really
  21. There we go, jobs a Gibbon. Get them refurbed and save angst from selling the only wheels youve ever loved. If you get them painted then you wont need to polish them either
  22. Im just down the road from Mildenhall, will keep an eye out. I actually bought my first Nissan 200SX from the garage just outside the base many, many, many years ago (well it seems like it anyway)
  23. docwra

    Spacers

    The only real dynamic reason for spacers is to stop wheels rubbing on big brakes/suspension struts. The main reason they are used though is to make cars look better, but this doesnt mean that your car is going to explode when you fit them. josh - the post showing the GTR is incredibly rare and unusual, it certainly shouldnt happen when using any kind of decent quality spacer anyway. The forces that would be involved to do that on a 5mm spacer as you are talking about are incalculable, the physics just wont let it happen. Youre in the clear mate
  24. docwra

    Spacers

    For 5mm, then you can keep the studs youve got. 10mm is getting borderline, anything more than that you want longer studs. Dont be put off by the scaremongering, lots of track and drift cars run spacers without any problems, in fact Im surprised at the thread on the GTR board as Ive never known any fail at all, the 5mm ones simply cant fail due to their design anyway. Ive been running 25mm spacers all round on my Z33 for 3? years now, fast road, track and drift use and its never even once entered my head that there could be a problem due to them, I know guys running 35-50mm without issues too
  25. I know a man who would refurb those lips for £50 a corner ........ if you sell them you will regret it
×
×
  • Create New...