Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. It does with brakes, theres a reason these are £3500: https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/nissan/nissan-350z/ap-racing-nissan-350z-03-08-front-radi-cal-ii-370mm-6-piston-drilled-slotted-big-brake-kit.html Im guessing youve never tried to claim with a cheap insurance company either? IMO youre mad to replace OE Brembo discs with these if you dont have to, if you go on to fit man spec pads they will probably wear away pretty quickly too.
  2. OE discs are Brembo and you arent going to improve on that and TBH Id be very wary of a full set of discs and pads for £300 ........ but someone else didnt have any probs in 8K miles apparently ......... I guess if youre just cruising on the street it wont make too much difference but Id be keeping stock discs and spending the money on good quality pads.
  3. I honestly cannot wait to see this up and running, its going to be awesome
  4. Is that a genuine Grand Prix kit? If so youre mad putting it on a driftcar
  5. They have said since day 1 they are happy for us to remain on the existing terms. They dont want us to go, believe it or not.
  6. As with most things it comes down to the driver for me. Modern cars are capable of doing 150+ safely, otherwise people would be dying on trackdays all over the place, and for me an empty motorway isnt far removed from the Kemmel Straight (and is probably shorter and bumpier than Dottinger Hohe ) What isnt safe is street racing when theres other traffic on the road, when its pissing with rain or making sudden direction changes at high speed - having seen the vid I do wonder if the guy actually had much high speed driving experience. My BMW is a very fast car and I let it loose sometimes but never if theres anything else on the road, if someone pulls out 500m in front of you when youre doing 160+ things suddenly become rather "entertaining"
  7. Nobody knows whats going to happen? I can show you FB posts I made 15 months ago talking about Irish border being an impossible issue, that major car companies would pull out of UK, that no deal was economic suicide and that a deal everyone was happy with wasnt going to be possible. Ive earlier posts around the time of the vote proving £350m wasnt going to happen, that the single market is essential for us and that immigration had a net benefit on the UK. BTW Col, earlier post was aimed at the previous comment claiming everyone was talking in memes and soundbites - this is half of the problem though, the vast majority will just believe what they want to believe and spew it back out without understanding it, we should never have been given the vote in the first place.
  8. Not in all cases, pretty sure I havent posted a meme, link or article, everything Ive posted has been authored by me on the basis of a reasonable understanding of politics and economics and what Ive learned running an international business for 15+ years, Maggz also seems to be capable of independent opinions too. Whats frustrating to me is that actual well supported and individual arguments get lost in the sea of crap and people banging the same drum over and over but thats not just here, thats Brexit in general
  9. The vote to reject no deal under any circumstances that happened last night was fairly definite as well TBF EU have said they are open to an extension but I cant see what its going to achieve when they have also said they are not prepared to renegotiate anything (they actually said this well before Christmas but whatevs) Votes this evening are very interesting: Amendment H, tabled by Independent Group MP Sarah Wollaston and which seeks an Article 50 extension to stage a second referendum with Remain and Parliament's preferred Brexit option on the ballot paper. Amendment I, tabled by Labour's Hilary Benn and which seeks to allow MPs to take control of the Brexit process. Amendment E, Labour's amendment which notes that Parliament has "decisively" rejected both Theresa May's deal and no deal and calls for a delay to Brexit "to provide parliamentary time for this House to find a majority for a different approach". Amendment J, Labour MP Chris Bryant's amendment to stop a third meaningful vote on Mrs May's deal. H I reckon will pass, I would be fascinating if it did and would almost certainly lead to a GE, E is basically calling for a GE and J seems obvious to me, how much more time will be wasted having the same discussion?
  10. Sorry, I read the title as "what did you come from" rather than "list off everything youve ever owned" I had modified 200SX's, was seriously considering an S15 Silvia but didnt want to end up with an undriveable 400hp monster when I failed to resist the urge to modify (I was SXOC chairman at the time) 350Z was better in every respect, as is the 135i I moved onto afterwards
  11. They will wear discs faster than weaker pads but its not excessive, I went through two sets of RC05+ without needing to do anything with discs, Carbotechs are less harsh. My 135i took 2 sets of RS29 before the discs needed skimming, Im now on a second set of CL RC6 which are known for eating discs up.
  12. I had CL RC05+ on my 350Z and found them really good, a bit dusty but excellent on road and track. Carbotech XP8 would be a good choice too. With the greatest of respect to those that use them, Hawk, Yellowstuff (any EBC TBH) and even DS2500 are hugely outperformed by these and they arent that much more expensive, if youre tracking then Id say something of this level is a must
×
×
  • Create New...