Jump to content

GIXXERUK

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    9,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GIXXERUK

  1. Sorry to hear that, hope it wasn't me tempting fate
  2. Yeah.....at Nismo prices I wasn't suggesting a purchase, as a 370 headlight is £1376 from Nissan, merely that the reflector being black doesn't affect output and it must be fashionable... Or they have been on 370z.com
  3. I would guess, push it up and try and tie wrap it You don't want it melting on the exhaust
  4. So you were 3 yrs old when you got the zed ?
  5. The hot hatch must of had mpss tyres
  6. do you have rear parking sensors ? you should be able to pull the bumper down a little and follow the cable
  7. from past experience I know exactly what you mean (like going to the dentist), it's a great feeling when it's so easy
  8. The 2015 Nismo has black headlight internals .......
  9. too late, he has only had it a few weeks and has done a lot ! slippery slope...he's wearing ski's
  10. Easy. My ARK was more than that alone. so there are two le mans blue 370z's with Ark exhausts in the country
  11. got one of these today First off. there are 7 screws total. Screw #6 is sort of a hidden screw. Remove screw 1 -> 4. if you have a super long screw driver then remove 5 -> 7 also, if not then read next step. Next pull off the glove box. Grab the 2 spots circled in red and pull upwards. This allows you VERY easy access to screws 5 -> 7 as well as a much easier time removing the panel. This step is OPTIONAL, but as i mentioned, it gives you easy access to screws 5 -> 7 and it also gives you a spot to grab panel to pull it off. To put the glove box back, just line up the hinge and pop it back in. Next GENTLY pull off the panel starting from the RIGHT side first. You don't wanna damage that extension area on the right side by pulling too hard on the left. Insert finger where the arrows are and grab the bottom with your other hand and pull. Do the same on the other side. Removing the glove box lanyard is optional (actually, mines popped off as i was figuring how to put the glove box back in after accidentally removing it) but it gives you more space to work with. Remember, pull GENTLY, you shouldn't have to pull hard after removing the hidden screw, #6. The rest you can follow caneman88's to install/replace the filter. I just have one thing that I found might be useful and that is to cut 4 slots on the bottom of the filter wall so that you can close the vent door without smashing the filter. You'll know what i mean when you take off the vent door. Just line up the slots with the 4 things on the door and make like a 1/4" -> 1/2" cut. See pic for approx locations, measure the actual location with the vent door. Yes the arrow on the filter points down. Air is sucked from the top and down into the circular thing. I assume you guys know how to reverse the directions to put everything back. Ok here is what to do if you want clean air inside your Z. Bought the in cabin filter at Autozone for the Maxima seems like a lot of the Nissan's use the same filter. 1.About 6 screws to take glove box out then pull hard. 2.Open the vent door be careful the tab on the left on trap door breaks easy. 3.Insert filter and reassemble had to use a penny to hold left side tab broke. 4.Breathe the Clean Air. 5.Crank up the Red Hot Chili Peppers Rep points needed: Attached Thumbnails
  12. + the exhaust, intake and uprev must add up to min of £1000 saving ! Even with drop in filters, cheap exhaust and uprev
  13. I didn't as I didn't think it was really worth it but OK, I will. I see that as a non entity really, if you don't use the touch screen you use the buttons that are directly below it. I don't see that as a plus or a negative really, it doesn't save space or make it less cluttered in there its just a different input method. Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. I'm fairly sure that's the only way you can update both systems. Fair comment with the camera, if that's something the OP is worried about then, yes, perhaps it's worth considering in the long run. Said throughout the thread it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me
  14. looks good but spacers would give a much more complete look
  15. that looks very nice Jim, good reflections, great gloss
  16. It's a lot more awkward and costly to fit a camera to a 09 (ask octet), not just a case of a different camera You didn't mention the touch screen either mate Can you update the sat nav using dvd's ? You can and I have with the connect premium
  17. Thanks for the advice. Would this be how far I have to put my foot down before it's no longer in gear? Yes
  18. Thanks for the advice. Would this be how far I have to put my foot down before it's no longer in gear? Double post
  19. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, whats the what not ?
  20. it's the natural curvature of the earth, nothing you can do
  21. loving those seats
  22. I would go back to where you had it fitted and ask them about it (do this purely because if you dont and you leave it too long they could consider it to be due to your driving style or any other excuse), you can log a complaint if needed in the future (date,miles etc) BUT I know with the 370z a lot of people have complained about the burning smell from the clutch when they are new (not sure what is normal for this to subside though) when you're driving in gear, how much travel is thereon the pedal before the clutch disengages ? drive in 4th or fifth about 30-40mph and accelerate hard (best on a hill)...watch the revs rise with the speed (i.e.not slipping) burning usually suggests - new or slipping hth Paul
  23. you don't waste any time !
×
×
  • Create New...