Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Basically if you cant afford the extra cost of Super, you shouldnt really have a 350z If you can afford it, put it in and forget about it
  2. Ah good man, you are most likely right, I will go check the settings. I think the team are exempt from those measures so would be why I cant ever recreate it EDIT: That is most likely it, registered users can only search once every 5 seconds. I've lowered it to 3 seconds, I think that should be enough tbh
  3. Afternoon campers - anything to report? Site has been super speedy for me, but I'm privillaged at home to have low contention 40MB connection and ~80MB at work, so its a slightly bias view InnoDB has removed the locking problem. I've currently got a copy of MONyog at home waiting to be tested, this should help us itentify any problems from now on
  4. F'in annoying when that happens. I find Fedex are the best I've seen so far for getting it through customs in no time at all.
  5. Good call. Cant be Stormhorse can it
  6. Oh dear mate, thats no good. You need to move to England, we get things next day from Alex
  7. Congrats - title amended. So are you after a 350z now?
  8. Maybe Abbey can advise us of what exactly the "high det map" does, as thats what you're likely to be running putting 95RON in.
  9. Need to stick to 1st and 2nd then
  10. 14 days in England I'm 99% sure, not sure about Scotland if its any different
  11. For those that run 95RON all the time, RTFM - I'm sure it states only to run 95RON in emergencies and even then get Super back in it ASAP. Just because you cant feel it loosing power doesnt mean bad things arent going on. I will leave you to google what happens when you run a car on high det map all the time, its not good. You may be lucky and the car may run "ok" but you may also be left with a nice bill as Bennett says. The car is tuned to run 98+, so why try and be cheap and put less in? It thinks it has 98RON in it, and when it doesnt its constantly winding back the timing, but it only knows to do that because it gets det and winds back the timing
  12. MyAlloys ( http://www.myalloys.co.uk/ ) Think they are still open. Ron and Marion are great, tell them Chris with the 350z and gold wheels sent ya Not sure they are £50 a pop these days, but they are certainly competitive.
  13. I would be more worried about the filter being of substandard quality. Looking at other stuff produced by Japspeed, most of it doesnt fit properly (exhausts and headers come to mind) and the fact they were removed from the forum about a year ago for poor performance, I dont think I'd be going anywhere near them ( viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37849 )
  14. If it were that simple we'd do it Remember we havent coded any of this from scratch, phpBB itself is prebundled software, the chat mod is a mod to that software. Unfortunately we're not going to go in and hack it all apart to make it work for what is essentially a feature used by the minority. If the forum proves stable after the current changes (looks that way) we will bring back chat and see if that brings back any issues. If it does I'm afraid it will get removed
  15. I know plenty of DBAs from my old work places, working on very large DB's but they are all experts in the wrong software - Oracle, DB2, Teradata, Netezza etc. Its finding someone that knows mySQL well that is hard Even on the phpBB forums they wont answer questions on how to tune mySQL for phpBB itself, its like getting blood from a stone As Chris has said, chat may or may not be back permenantly. It uses the DB for some stuff and may be causing the server to become overloaded. We need to work out if its a badly coded mod which will always kill the DB or if it ok as a mod put a bit too much load on the DB highlighting the problems. Small but significant difference.
  16. Know much about mySQL and myISAM or InnoDB variables? Will do after 5 minute of googling But that will only put you on a par with us - we want help from someone who knows what they are doing!
  17. Not sure what thats all about, the changes we've made shouldnt effect the way the forum functions, but we have had reports of this happening. Keep an eye on it and if it happens frequently from the same computer with the same browser then let us know. The changes did mess around with the sessions held on the server. It may be that the session store on your PC in the cookie doesnt match the server any more so you need to start a new session before it will let you search. If thats the case it should only happen once per computer/browser combo. Dont get time to go to the club, sodding people on here moaning its not quick enough/stable enough or something
  18. Know much about mySQL and myISAM or InnoDB variables?
  19. Everyone happy last night? Think we've worked out a few things and a few more in the pipeline to speed it up a bit more hopefully (or rather not cause it to slow down). Also think I've worked out how to allow ODBC with our hosts which means we can look at plugging in some monitoring s/w in the future to keep an eye on things
  20. Shotgun testing it when Tim gets some. Bug **** me right off!
  21. Boooo - who approved this - I think I might delete it GLWS Linda, its a cracking car. Shame to loose a sprinkle, especially one that made it to meets too. Good job Sam got a go when he did huh
  22. Locked at OP's request
  23. When I got mine it was ~£400 for the first years tax and ~£400 showroom tax. This should be included on the OTR price though.
×
×
  • Create New...