Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Ah that must be a Euro emmission thing. We have them on the 370z too. Made no sense to me to start with as on the 370z, it just goes to a small plastic box. And it only has it on one intake IIRC
  2. Pivot is in front of the BB but the linkage takes care of chain length through the travel. Its a very sweet ride from what I understand
  3. Whats different on a JDM? AFAIK the JDM and UK engine bays are the same? Its only USDM (being left hand drive) that changes a few things but even then the intakes are the same?
  4. They're meant to be a cracking frame. How much of your stuff is compatible I dont know. If it has a tapered headset then that may not fit and bottom bracket sizes can vary, and seat post size may be different. All the other stuff should go across. If bottom bracket or headset size are different then it may be an expensive upgrade path as you may need new forks or cranks
  5. Chris`I

    Sat Nav Disk

    Tends to be the same when *ahem* backing up *ahem* games discs too
  6. £13k is a healthy budget for a 350z, you should be able to get a corker for that. Feel free to ask any questions
  7. I tend to get in there with a Envy brush and then wipe with an MF cloth after a quick rinse off with a hose on low power
  8. +2 - even if its been run about by a dealer principal (which quite a few are), they should still have service stamps! Plenty out there at a good price, dont be tempted by one that isnt 100%
  9. TBH if it were me, I'd rather have a well looked after car from an owner on here and go no where near a dealer. My experience is tained by when I bought my 350z (before the 370z) which was second hand from a dealer. They were crap to say the least. Told me it was in perfect nick, 2 previous owners blah blah blah. Got it and when the V5 came through I was the 4th owner. There was major scuffing on the rear bumper. There was satnav in the car which they didnt realise and when they did try to charge me £500 for it! To say I was fuming would be an understatement. I ended up complaining to the dealership owners and got my next major service for free and the scuff fixed. The paint then preceeded to peel on the bonnet which they said was because of stone chips which was a crock of ****! Just my 2p. I'd take it from an owner on here over a dealer as their "come back" is a bit of a false economy.
  10. This is part of driving to the vanishing point (convergence point, or limit point) and only driving as far as you can see. This will mean you can always stop before something happens. Also watching the vanishing point on corners. If it appears to come towards you, the corner is tightening up, if it is moving away from you it is opening up. You can use this to judge if you should be applying maintainance throttle (neither increasing or decreasing throttle) or to apply more throttle out of the bend. All in roadcraft I'm pretty sure that I read or was told that your peripheral vision is also better at spotting stuff close proximity. So by looking further down the road and scanning, you focus on whats ahead and leave peripheral vision to spot anything close that needs reacting too.
  11. Whats James May doing there?
  12. Fixed the link. YouTube has a habbit of adding random guff to the URL!
  13. Why not ask the seller for the dimensions? Shouldnt be hard to work it out You can also get nice Kenwood cameras that fit nicely up beside the light itself. Would cost more but would give better results. See my "next teaser thread". I know its a 370z but the fitting is near identical
  14. Title ammended - finally
  15. Looks like the right shape to me. Might need someone with a Q to have a look and test it
  16. Lucky she's not sat next to me atm Might be worth buying another just to get that
  17. ^^ I never got that with mine - where am I going wrong?
  18. Chris`I

    Why oh why...

    Yeah make G Man do it
  19. Theres plenty of airspace behind the light cluster when its back in the bumper, you can just have them on the back of that. I dont know much about electronics, but most of the LED bulbs I've had before had resistors in them and they never overheated. I appreciate that you have a lot more than a normal LED bulb, but you should be able to have something on the back of the cluster with maybe a heatsink. That will be easier than trying to find where in the control boxes the indicators are controlled from
  20. Did he blow up the Zed then?
  21. So is it being sent out to Italy? Val has it in his FB profile. Hope he didnt find it from on here after the fuss he kicked up about leaving
  22. Looks like the Nilfisk one aye - Tim@Envy will confirm though - he does a good deal on snowfoamers too
  23. +1 As per OP original questions - nowt wrong with a well looked after 100k mile car. If I were you though, I'd be budgeting for new bushes all round and possibly suspension as it tends to be shot by then. Also consider new clutch and flywheel depending on when they were last done. Usual other suspects should be considered - tyres, brakes etc, but cars with much less miles might need them too! Just get Yoko's car
×
×
  • Create New...