Jump to content

Sarnie

Members
  • Posts

    23,618
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sarnie

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, the advert text could easily have been cut and pasted from another advert...............
  2. £60 is better than throwing them in the bin surely?
  3. I know what you mean, I made the decision to buy another zed recently and am now getting very itchy feet!! I'm supposed to be waiting for the Mrs to go back to work at the end of February but it's like pulling teeth!
  4. Had any viewings?
  5. May have been more than the people standing over him watching him choke on his tongue etc..... Not saying your a bad person for driving on, but if there was one thing I could do to potentially help I'd do it. Even if that one thing was just rolling them into the correct position, putting a coat over them or phoning their husband/wife etc. I hope you enjoy hell
  6. I think you should have stopped mate, especially if your trained in First Aid..........
  7. Ouch!! Can Alex or R35LEE not supply these??????????????
  8. Does it come with oars??
  9. These things look so much better nowadays than the first gen models
  10. Just sell it and buy it/another back in two or three years time when it's half the price. Or loan it to me
  11. *pissing contest*
  12. Why isn't the gear knob and bottom of the steering wheel Alezan?
  13. It's not their fault????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. Before I even clicked on the link I just knew it would be in Birmingham. We have big problem in Birmingham with this........
  15. Thanks for that but I'm primarily a Mortgage Broker. The OP needs a dedicated IFA
  16. Sarnie

    OMG WHY!

    *facepalm*
  17. Jay, She didn't actually need to be so underhand. Google 'keylogger'. She could have just downloaded this and got your passwords without you having told her or her setting up secret questions etc. I have no idea how I know this information
  18. Is that rust????
  19. Bored..............

  20. Is there any way of seeing if a PM has been read by the recipient like the old site used to?
  21. +1 Like Ricey, I'm struggling to see exactly where any significant savings would be made. Especially as 57 plate Clio is going to be depreciating like a stone still............
  22. Great news this is
  23. If you charge people, your a business. Whether officially or not. Unless your a charity and doing it out of the goodness of your heart?? You may very well provide a better standard of finish than other so called professionals but that doesn't mean you can charge the same as them. People like Tarmac, RT Biscuit & Husky have started by doing a few things as favours on here to test the water and most likely did for free/at cost initially. Then once they had numerous satisfied clients they were able to build on this reputation to become successful Member traders. If your as good as you say you are then I have no doubt that you will be successful it's just that some of your responses worry me, especially with regards to indemnity insurance and your intentions to charge the same as as established company. I reckon my Sausage & Mash is better than Jamie Oliver's that doesn't mean I can start knocking it up in my kitchen and flogging it to passers by for £40 a pop.......... I wish you good luck, I really do. Unfortunately most start up business' fail within the first 18 months due to starting off on the wrong tracks. My points are mean't to be constructive and hopefully it's taken that way
  24. How much for a 350 in just a standard wrap i.e. solid colour Still browsing through prices at the moment, dont want to do silly price like some garages. The ones ive been to is about 1,5-2k and their job was absolutely w**k, so i'd be most likely doing the same price for better finish as the customer should be getting. If people are looking at getting car wrapped, but not by me, PM me and ill let you know the 2 garages that were appauling. Errr........I was enjoying reading this thread about someone starting up a business from scratch and providing a better service than the supposed pro's.......until I read the above post. I have no idea how you think you are going to be able to justify charging exactly the same as established business' when you can't even provide your own canopy if you have to go to the customer, irrespective of the quality of your work. Do you have some kind of professional indemnity insurance? What if you totally destroy someones paint? What if you need to move someones car and crash it whilst doing so? You may have all of the above sorted but you've not mentioned anything like it in your posts. The big company's may charge £1.5k to £2k but they also need to cover things like insurance, premises, staff, VAT, materials and still try to make a profit. From your posts, it seems like your gonna do it in someones borrowed garage and just wing it. Simply saying you'd refund me wouldn't be enough for me. I'd happily let you do some small interior pieces but not a whole car and certainly not for the same price as a professional. I personally think that this site also needs to consider it's position in allowing you to trade here knowing that your not even remotely qualified and only vaguely experienced at the moment. I don't want to rain on your parade intentionally but I don't think that a lot of thought has been put into this you or the people that have ok'd allowing you to offer specialised expert services on this site, that your not qualified to do.
×
×
  • Create New...